Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-26-2018, 01:28 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
Axis door latch

anyone have picture of the part that breaks in door latch that is replaced with steel?
__________________

__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:37 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 8,959
THOR #1150
There is one on the first post in this thread:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/...pped-8192.html
__________________

__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:56 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
replaced my door latch today. took about 45 min. i already knew i had the second version.it came that way from factory and it didn't have the steel latch. i installed the 37560-13. came with 2 sets of keys. $165. shipped. no adjustments needed.the red lock knobs on inside come off with inside panel .they are attached to it. 2016 Axis 25-2
__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:44 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Mo_Mike's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
Posts: 1,005
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigwelder View Post
replaced my door latch today. took about 45 min. i already knew i had the second version.it came that way from factory and it didn't have the steel latch. i installed the 37560-13. came with 2 sets of keys. $165. shipped. no adjustments needed.the red lock knobs on inside come off with inside panel .they are attached to it. 2016 Axis 25-2
Going to try and replace ours this weekend. Do you just remove the screws on the inside and go from there?
__________________
Mo_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:26 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
yes you have 3 screws on back that will allow the back with the 2 red knobs to come off . when you put the back on you have to line the red knobs up with the shaft and it just slides on.take 2 little screws out at end of door[same as the 3 on back but with different shape heads.take the 2 big bolts out in order to get old latch out and new latch in.you will need a star shaped socket too remove them and replace.i had my wife hold new latch on outside of door while i lined up the red knobs and replace the screws on back..
__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:46 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
Posts: 216
THOR #3992
Axis latch

Received mine the day before yesterday going to install it this weekend it's a b a u e r sure hope it goes easy as a health health issues wouldn't be good for me to get stuck inside check Jamie's post is a good picture
__________________
nautiquecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
Posts: 1,353
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautiquecowboy View Post
Received mine the day before yesterday going to install it this weekend it's a b a u e r sure hope it goes easy as a health health issues wouldn't be good for me to get stuck inside check Jamie's post is a good picture
With the Bauer lock, I found you can order extra keys on Amazon based on the number stamped on your original key. I went to three different key shops and no one had one.
__________________
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
Posts: 216
THOR #3992
Axis latch

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
With the Bauer lock, I found you can order extra keys on Amazon based on the number stamped on your original key. I went to three different key shops and no one had one.
Thanks very much for the information as it only comes with two keys I was wondering where to get some extras again thanks
__________________
nautiquecowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:53 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
Posts: 212
THOR #5112
i didn't have any trouble with factory latch nor did i want to chance it.
__________________

__________________
tigwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×