Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2016, 12:36 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Axis Sighting-Western Colorado

Saw a beautiful looking Axis 24.1, i think running down west bound 1-70 today just outside Glenwood Springs, Colorado. I live down the road in Battlement Mesa. Sure was cute looking. Don't know where they were heading, but i can guess; Moab, UT. They probably don't know how lucky they were to be in Glenwood Springs if they drove out of Denver area today. The Glenwood Canyon stretch was scheduled to be closed from 9 am until 3 pm for scaling operations on the mountain side. We've had several big rock falls in the Canyon in the last few years with boulders the size of buses. No one's been killed which is a miracle considering how big the land slides were in there. They all seem to happen just past the Hanging Lake exit. When the Canyon is closed for whatever reason you have to detour clear up to Steamboat Springs to get around and back down to 1-70. It's a pain in the winter. Of course, if you in an Axis, a detour up to Steamboat would be a blessing. All of this area is beautiful this time of year, and it's going to do nothing but get better right after September 1st. All the families and tourist leave the state, the weather turns cooler and sunny. Best time of the year in Colorado: September and October.

I was wishing i was the one in that Axis. Still thinking about it.