Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2019, 03:37 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Kentucky
THOR #8259
RV Trader Prices

How accurate are motorhome prices on RV trader? For example, the Aria 3901’s MSRP is listed on Thor’s website at $317,850. I’ve read where some buyers have gotten anywhere from 40-45% off of that price, which would put purchase price around $190k. But the sale prices on RV trader are all over the map! In your experience, if one were purchasing one of these, should I (or could I) expect the 40% discount range? And if anyone is brave enough to share how much they paid for their Aria, that’d be great. But I understand if you don’t want to divulge. Thanks!

Old 01-17-2019, 04:00 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
I dont have an Aria but 30 - 40% off of list price is not too unusual. It all depends on how bad they want to make the sale. Plus if they have high volume they can afford to give deeper discounts.

I was able to get mine about 35% less than sticker. But you have to be willing to walk away if you dont see the price you want. I stood up twice while negotiating with CW.....they would say something like "thats the best we can do".

I would say.... "I will think about it" and stand up.

I even told them I can wait, im not in a hurry.... and I go down to Dallas market an pay less at the CW (which was true and they knew it).
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:00 PM   #3

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
I purchased my unit new in 2016. It is the model that predated the 2017 Aria. I got mine for a little over 43% discount.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:45 PM   #4

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Beware of the "Plus Fees" clause. Don't wait till the closing table to discover what the think they can require you too pay. You are only required to pay Transportation, State and Federal Taxes (if applicable). They will try to tack on Doc Fees, Inventory Fees and lots of other crap like Extended Warranties, Paint Protection and "Get Ready Fees" to make up the difference in being the cheapest price out there. Get the completed Sales Invoice in writing stating "all inclusive" before you start the closing process or give them a deposit. Most dealers make lots more money on the fees than they do on the campers. The finer the print, the more important it is!
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 06:38 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Yep, Gritz is correct.

If you really need an extended warrantee .... shop around first before you negoicate. I was able to get an E.W. for about 1/5 the price that CW qouted me... but they match it (It was only like $1000 for 5 years so I thought that was cheap - but CW started at $6000).

But I wish I never purchased it now. I ended up doing 99% of the stuff myself anyways. So if your handy .... IMO.... DONT get E.W.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 11:46 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
It's probably just me...
But I figure that it's what I get out of the RV that matters: not what I've got in it...
You can squeeze every nickel until the Buffalo is bellowing... But you'll still talk more about the good times that you're having with it.

(For the Record: 35% off on our Outlaw 29-H)
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:15 AM   #7

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
It's probably just me...
But I figure that it's what I get out of the RV that matters: not what I've got in it...
You can squeeze every nickel until the Buffalo is bellowing... But you'll still talk more about the good times that you're having with it.

(For the Record: 35% off on our Outlaw 29-H)
That's the attitude