Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2017, 03:18 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
AXIS/VEGAS owners with TORNADO tank rinser

Question, where have you owners with the TORNADO mounted the water connection?

So far I have mine just loose in the SEWER compartment, but really want to mount it somewhere. I have a 25.2, so our black tank is open full length with a door. So I don't know whether the black tank compartment, or sewer compartment would work better...

I knw this is not a "big deal", but figured /I would see what has worked for others.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:05 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I had asked our dealer to install one before we picked it up. Sadly that is the only instruction I gave them so they put it in the simplest place they could (e.g. as little as possible work on their part): They installed it right on the side of the tank that is visible behind the hatch.

It is working well, however, at this location. I use it 2 or 3 times a season to flush out the tank.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:44 PM   #3

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
In my 24.1 I have it mounted right in the sewer compartment.
To me it seemed the best place in terms of convenience .

I also have a FloJet electric pump to empty my tanks and have placed my power hook up for the Flo Jet in that compartment as well.

I did look at the option of putting the Tornado hook up in the black tank compartment but found the sewer compartment easier and more convenient.

I can get you a picture if you like.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:29 PM   #4

THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
In my 24.1 I have it mounted right in the sewer compartment.
To me it seemed the best place in terms of convenience .

I also have a FloJet electric pump to empty my tanks and have placed my power hook up for the Flo Jet in that compartment as well.

I did look at the option of putting the Tornado hook up in the black tank compartment but found the sewer compartment easier and more convenient.

I can get you a picture if you like.
That would be GREAT...

Also, since you have a FLOJET, two questions:

Where do you keep the discharge hose, and have you ever had any issues with getting the flojet "uncoupled" from the extension of the coach discharge?

We are using a 45 degree extension to allow better "angle" of the flojet pump, and once we put the flojet on the extension, it takes using WD40 and two people to disengage...

I have tried two different brands of extensions and they both do the same thing. I want a TIGHT fit there, but this is a little overkill. I would just leave the extension on the pump, but kind of like keeping the FLOJET in the carrying case.

Any help with your experience would be appreciated.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:18 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5374
Here is a picture of the flush hose coupler.

As for the Flo Jet what I did was buy a clear 45 adapter from Walmart and messed with it and the Flo Jet until I found the best angle .

Once satisfied I made indexing marks with a permanent marker so I could quickly duplicate the set up.

It is difficult to get all of the couplers twisted together but I have found that by wearing gloves it is much easier.

I have a total of 75' of 3/4" discharge hose , one 25' length and one 50' length.
it and the Flo Jet are stored in the small exterior compartment under the drivers area.

I always completely disassemble everything and rinse well before putting it away.
My Flo Jet is always stored in it's case.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4215.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	6144  
Old 08-07-2017, 12:18 AM   #6

THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
Here is a picture of the flush hose coupler.

As for the Flo Jet what I did was buy a clear 45 adapter from Walmart and messed with it and the Flo Jet until I found the best angle .

Once satisfied I made indexing marks with a permanent marker so I could quickly duplicate the set up.

It is difficult to get all of the couplers twisted together but I have found that by wearing gloves it is much easier.

I have a total of 75' of 3/4" discharge hose , one 25' length and one 50' length.
it and the Flo Jet are stored in the small exterior compartment under the drivers area.

I always completely disassemble everything and rinse well before putting it away.
My Flo Jet is always stored in it's case.
Thank you for the picture...

I was trying to figure out a way to install the water connection on the side of the compartments, I hadn't thought about installing it to the floor of the compartment..

That looks like a good workable solution...

Thanks!