Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-10-2021, 09:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Oregon
THOR #5953
Axxera AV615BHM Inoperative

I just pulled our 2017 ACE 29.3 out of mothballs today after a long winter, and was surprised to find the Axxera receiver would not turn on. I pulled the connector cable and checked for power. See the attached diagram for reference. Oddly, I found thee red and yellow wires had between 5 and 6V on them, leading me to believe a fuse is blown. First off, any ideas why I'd have less than half the battery voltage on the unit? The lighter outlet had 13.2V on it. If there is a fuse blown, how do I determine where it is located and which one it is? I checked all the fuses in the rear inverter and they were all good. There a a lot of fuses and relays up under the dash but I have no idea which is which. Any help here would be very much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Axxera Wiring.png
Views:	732
Size:	457.4 KB
ID:	29734  

Old 04-10-2021, 11:44 PM   #2

Model: Daybreak 32HD
State: Texas
THOR #1427
Hi, I found out when I disconnected my engine battery from the terminals my engine would still turn on. I had to disconnect my 4 coach batteries to perform an Electrical Controller Module reset to remove the ECM light. Maybe you need to charge all of your batteries to start your coach.
I am researching what is the purpose of my engine battery versus the 4 coach inverter batteries.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:21 AM   #3

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Oregon
THOR #5953
Thanks for the response. In fact, both my engine and storage batteries were low when I got back, and I could not start the coach today even with the "Emergency Start" button depressed, which links the storage and engine batteries. I had to jump the engine battery from my car, then took it for a half-hour ride to get it gassed up, then kept the Onan generator running for another two hours while I tinkered around with things like getting the battery levels topped up and checking all the other systems. Everything on the coach worked fine except the radio after I got back, and there was no problem starting the engine a couple of times either. So this is unrelated to the low battery problems. The measurements on the wires I mentioned were made when the reading from the cigarette lighters read 13.2V and the generator running. So I'm thinking the 6V readings were due to a stray path back to the radio, and maybe there's a fuse somewhere that's blown. The question is where?
Old 04-11-2021, 02:13 PM   #4

Model: Ace
State: South Carolina
THOR #22961
Interesting thread since we are having the same issue in our 2018 ace. Supposedly the system in the rear of the coach needs to be on first before the front will work. I don’t remember having to do this last year. Quite frustrating since the sides can’t be seen when blinkers are on. And it’s too quiet! Thanks!

Tags
axxera av615bhm, axxera radio out