Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2017, 02:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Arizona
THOR #8058
Axxera tv

The remote for the AXXERA TV doesn't work. Chg batteries and still no work. Purchased a universal remote, couldn't get it to work. Called the Technical hot line. still no work. I can manually turn on the TV. Can't set up, shows the lock locked and needs a code. I've been traveling from Arizona to Florida and at the RV Parks hooked up to their TV line and still no work.
HELP what do I do now???

Old 04-23-2018, 01:00 AM   #2

THOR #9557
I have a 2017 Thor Challenger KT with an Axxera TV in the bedroom. Have a nice DirecTV setup, but can't get the DirecTV remote to control the TV. DirecTV and Axxera techs can't help! I've been struggling with this minor problem for months, so I do feel your pain. While the TV has a decent picture and sound, you might want to do what I've been considering....dump the TV and get another LED flat-screen TV! Drastic, but it's such a pain to spend hours and hours on what should be a simple fix. The prices of these TVs has been coming down, especially for last year's models.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:10 AM   #3

THOR #8058
Front TV

I was having problems with the upper bunk TV. The remote didn't work. I was playing around with it and when I stepped back towards the bathroom/master bed I could get the TV working OK. I had trouble with the TV hook up at the different camp sites. I remembered about the switch in the closet that has to be switched to get land line cable.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:08 PM   #4

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
All this remote, wireless, wifi, network, infrared, bluetooth etc etc is something. A real pain to set up but neat when it works.....I feel like you should get a least a rebate of some sort for online classes at some engineering school when it's all done. Nice to have when it works....last week, I sat with my phone...can also use my tablet and remoted in from my Jensen radio in teh bedroom out to the speakers on the outside with the tv....could choose either tv or radio to hear. Instead, I went to The Music Channel on our tv, ran it through the phone via a login and into the speakers. Wow....all this and still finished off my wine....maybe that's the secret.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:28 AM   #5

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by sluiceman2 View Post
I was having problems with the upper bunk TV. The remote didn't work. I was playing around with it and when I stepped back towards the bathroom/master bed I could get the TV working OK. I had trouble with the TV hook up at the different camp sites. I remembered about the switch in the closet that has to be switched to get land line cable.
Yeah, that switch on the wall. I had the same problem so I unscrewed the cover to see what the problem was... and the circuit board was loose from the board covering it on the wall. A little super glue on both ends and now the lite will turn green, so I screwed it back to the wall. Oh yeah, have to remember what buttons to push on the remote to channel surf and find other channels. Wrote that down some where. If I lose it I'll just hook up my dvd again.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:51 AM   #6

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Now that Thor is putting Axxera TVs in the newer units, how are they working with RV Park cable? Do they need an add-on QAM tuner like the Seikis or do they work Ok without that?
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:02 AM   #7
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
Now that Thor is putting Axxera TVs in the newer units, how are they working with RV Park cable? Do they need an add-on QAM tuner like the Seikis or do they work Ok without that?
No problem with mine getting park cable with no add ones.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:09 AM   #8

Model: ACE 30.3
THOR #8503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
No problem with mine getting park cable with no add ones.
Thanks, Kev. I am considering upgrading my ACE to one of the bath and a half models and noticed they all have the Axxeras now. Thought I'd check to see.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 06:07 PM   #9

THOR #9557
As I mentioned on 4-23-18, the Axxera picture is relatively good for the bedroom. I ended up getting another Axxera remote from the Mito Corp. ($25), so my wife and I don't have to fight over the remote!
I have a nice DirecTV Trav'ler and a King Jack antenna up top, so I don't have to use RV park cable. Also, when I look at the cable hookup, I see 4 of them! Presumably one for each TV?? (I have a 2017 Thor Challenger 37KT) The King Jack is a SUPER over the air digital antenna!!
Old 05-28-2018, 07:01 PM   #10

THOR #11783
Thor vegas

Hi I'm new to the forum and just have a question about my 2018 Thor Vegas . I am trying to find out if the 2017 Ford F4 50 chassis has interchangeable wheels Front to back . They do not seem to put spare tires on this vehicle so I'm trying to figure out how to be safe . It seems no auto service will fix a flat only put your spare on ,well there's the rub . Also I guess I need to put a spare tire or maybe two on this vehicle any suggestions .?
Old 05-28-2018, 07:17 PM   #11

THOR #11783
E450

Always thoroughly proofread before clicking send . Especially when dictating to a machine . My Ford chassis is An e450 . A I is taking over and when it does it will do to us exactly what it wants to .
Old 05-28-2018, 08:20 PM   #12
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Hi I'm new to the forum and just have a question about my 2018 Thor Vegas . I am trying to find out if the 2017 Ford F4 50 chassis has interchangeable wheels Front to back . They do not seem to put spare tires on this vehicle so I'm trying to figure out how to be safe . It seems no auto service will fix a flat only put your spare on ,well there's the rub . Also I guess I need to put a spare tire or maybe two on this vehicle any suggestions .?
Maybe start your own thread instead of asking a non-relevant question in a TV thread?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:15 PM   #13

THOR #11783
Floyd

Thanks I think . Never been on any kind of foum before . Was your comment supposed to be helpful for me . Again thanks for your kindness and help .
Old 08-13-2018, 11:53 PM   #14

State: New Jersey
THOR #12723
Axxera tv

Main , and outside tv’s keep turning on by themselves. Happens all different times of the day, or night. Seems to happen only while cable is connected at the campground. Has anyone ever have this happen?
Old 09-03-2018, 11:02 PM   #15

THOR #12676
Ok, I hope someone can help. I have a new 4 week old Thor 30FE and the tv above the front bunk lost its picture. I tried getting into the menu setting with the remote and the buttons on the lower left corner of the tv. I can turn it on and off with the remote and buttons but cannot get a picture. Oh it is an Axxtera tv. Thanks.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:14 AM   #16

State: North Carolina
THOR #13771
Can you offer any advice on how to connect? I am unable to connect at a park where they require a QAM (Spectrum) to provide the service?
Old 11-18-2018, 01:31 AM   #17

THOR #8058
Up in one of the cabinets near the roof antena their is a TV cable collector. For
RV Park TV service you have to press the little button the collector. Also up close to the upper bunk TV the remote didn't work. I had to move to the back of the RV to get the remote to work. Hope this helps.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:41 AM   #18

THOR #9557
What is a QAM?
Old 11-18-2018, 03:03 AM   #19

Model: 22E
State: New York
THOR #12119
Qam tuner

QAM Tuner - QAM (quadrature amplitude modulation) is the format by which digital cable channels are encoded and transmitted via cable television providers. A QAM tuner is the cable equivalent of an ATSC tuner which receives over-the-air digital channels broadcast by local television stations.

If your TV does not have a Qam Tuner then you need a cable box to get channels from a Cable TV provider.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:13 PM   #20

Model: Freedom Elite
THOR #18888
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
Thanks I think . Never been on any kind of foum before . Was your comment supposed to be helpful for me . Again thanks for your kindness and help .
Your question is/was good. Thanks for asking!
ChrisCruises on all other social platforms
2020 Thor Freedom Elite
ChrisCruises is offline   Reply With Quote