Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-03-2015, 11:46 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #2898
Exclamation Vegas 24.1 Battery Charging Question

Hello,

Situation: I had my RV plugged in at home for a week with my Use / Storage switch (switch located at door entrance, left side) in Storage position. After a week unplugged and I started coach, the power to run radio and cabin devices would not come on which included rear and side mirror cameras.

Question: Has anyone had this problem?

Possible solution: service rep said if I want to use shore power to charge the batteries this switch needs to be in Use mode. Did any one else verify this fix? My Vegas is in the shop for warranty issues and this electrical issue.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:09 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tiffin Open Road 32SA
State: Colorado
THOR #1147
The use/store switch does indeed prevent the converter from charging the coach batteries when on shore power.

And the store position doesn't disconnect everything, so the batteries can drain down, but they shouldn't be that dead in a week. I usually get several months before mine go flat.

Regards,

Randy
Old 10-04-2015, 01:44 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
When you started the coach did you also switch to "use"--I know it is a "is it plugged in" kind of question. just covering the bases.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote