Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2016, 03:05 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I bet their is a bumper or something you can remove to make up th difference. Glad you found something that will work.

Old 10-26-2016, 03:10 AM   #22

Model: Challenger 36TL
State: Georgia
THOR #5536
I'd still look at to Honda 700 or the 1000. You would still have 6 or 8 inches to spare.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:26 AM   #23

Model: 37MD outlaw
State: Missouri
THOR #5305
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I bet their is a bumper or something you can remove to make up th difference. Glad you found something that will work.
Thanks SuperD. I kinda wish they had an electric/gas hybrid, but I really like all the reviews I've read, and I love their look and the fact that they actually have doors.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:28 AM   #24

THOR #5305
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgold View Post
I'd still look at to Honda 700 or the 1000. You would still have 6 or 8 inches to spare.
I've looked them over, but nothing jumped out at me. although I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:01 AM   #25

THOR #5536
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman7458 View Post
I've looked them over, but nothing jumped out at me. although I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Don't just look. Drive all 3. Or at least 1 regular side by side vs the hybrid. I absolutely thought the Bad Boy was the perfect bike. Drives great until you get it off a groomed trail. Plus I am not sure if they still govern the top speed. Another issue I have is there are two drive trains to break.

The biggest issue I see regardless of your choice is size. How even with shaving an inch off somewhere do you fit it in the hauler safely? I'd give it at least an inch if not two on either side of the bike and the wall. I didn't haul toys around all the time. I've hauled our 4 wheeler a few times and the Honda 700 4 or 5 times. I just see those things moving slightly during travel with the flex of the straps. If your bumper is slap up against the wall and the rear door it may make a mess in there or tear up the door. I could just be pessimistic..

It is a sweet ride though!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2684.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	3254

I am not saying it ain't possible. I just don't see where the inch is going to come from yet. Can you move the front wall of the hauler? Keep us posted! I'm still looking at the pics trying to figure out the inch or three.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:37 AM   #26

THOR #5196
Zman, oldgold is right, you should leave a couple inches at least front and rear. Unless you tie down with chains and boomers whatever you buy is going to shift a little and you don't want to take a chance on damaging your coach.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:26 PM   #27

THOR #5305
Quote:
Don't just look. Drive all 3. Or at least 1 regular side by side vs the hybrid. I absolutely thought the Bad Boy was the perfect bike. Drives great until you get it off a groomed trail. Plus I am not sure if they still govern the top speed. Another issue I have is there are two drive trains to break.

The biggest issue I see regardless of your choice is size. How even with shaving an inch off somewhere do you fit it in the hauler safely? I'd give it at least an inch if not two on either side of the bike and the wall. I didn't haul toys around all the time. I've hauled our 4 wheeler a few times and the Honda 700 4 or 5 times. I just see those things moving slightly during travel with the flex of the straps. If your bumper is slap up against the wall and the rear door it may make a mess in there or tear up the door. I could just be pessimistic..

It is a sweet ride though!
Attachment 3254

I am not saying it ain't possible. I just don't see where the inch is going to come from yet. Can you move the front wall of the hauler? Keep us posted! I'm still looking at the pics trying to figure out the inch or three.
I was looking and I'm pretty sure all I have to do is pull two pinch pins then the pivot bolts and that little bed thats sticking out a couple inches back there will pop right off. but you do have a point about the rubbing issue but that should be fixed with a couple well placed moving blankets, I hope. If not, then I'll have to engineer a couple steep front ramps to pitch the front end up and get some more space that way. Lol there's more than one way to skin this cat . Thanks guys, I really do love having solutions before I have to deal with the problems wtg!
Old 10-27-2016, 08:20 PM   #28

THOR #5536
Bad Boys Ambush

I'd have the salesman demonstrate how to move the bed on it. Lmao!!

From the pics I've seen of it. I'd bet you can get 4 inches off by getting the bed off. Might be tube steel under it.. You could probably change out the hardware to something easier like knobs and wing nuts. May be cake.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:13 AM   #29

THOR #5305
Quote:
I'd have the salesman demonstrate how to move the bed on it. Lmao!!

From the pics I've seen of it. I'd bet you can get 4 inches off by getting the bed off. Might be tube steel under it.. You could probably change out the hardware to something easier like knobs and wing nuts. May be cake.
I went and tried to get a better pic of it but no luck so far. I might end up having to cut it and then sleeve it back on, either way it should be a pretty simple fix. I agree.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:43 AM   #30

THOR #5196
That Kawasaki looks just like the one my buddy has! My friend has had his a while, must be tough cause he hasn't been able to break it yet, he one of those people who could bear a steel ball with a rubber hammer!!! If he owns it you can bet he's broken it, hasn't managed to break his ride yet, sure gets it dirty though. It is a good looking machine!!!
Old 10-28-2016, 02:45 PM   #31

THOR #5305
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
That Kawasaki looks just like the one my buddy has! My friend has had his a while, must be tough cause he hasn't been able to break it yet, he one of those people who could bear a steel ball with a rubber hammer!!! If he owns it you can bet he's broken it, hasn't managed to break his ride yet, sure gets it dirty though. It is a good looking machine!!!
Cool. Yeah I really love the look and everyone I've found has nothing but good things to say about them. I'm pretty sure this will be the one. I was watching them do some rock crawling with them and they seem pretty tough and have good ground clearance to boot.