Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-24-2018, 07:17 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
bruno...everything you mentioned is cash discounts and we all like those, which is good...the issues with GS is when they try to play like an insurance company or when you chose to purchase anything from them other than membership. They "3rd Party" everything out and the "middle man" (you) gets caught in the middle.
Kinda like AARP?

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:20 PM   #22
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
To me, the racket starts at Camping World. CW sells Good Sam assistance packages when they sell new RVs. However, they fail to mention that GS is part of CW. There is no disclosure of the relationship. I know the consumer is supposed to research their purchases but businesses should not hide relationships to generate income. As to the stores they own, I have yet to find anything at CW or GM that is not available online or at other local merchants for lower prices. That's not saying they don't have good sales, but I don't shop, I buy and I only buy when I have a need. I can't speak for Overton's.
Really? In my experience they provide a 3 year GS Elite Membership when you buy an RV from them which includes 3 years of Roadside Assistance and 1 year of Travel assistance, not to mention the Campground and Gas discounts. I won't include the store discounts because they existed before GS bought Camping World and all those do is lower the price close to what it costs elswhere.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:10 PM   #23

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
To me, the racket starts at Camping World. CW sells Good Sam assistance packages when they sell new RVs. However, they fail to mention that GS is part of CW. There is no disclosure of the relationship. I know the consumer is supposed to research their purchases but businesses should not hide relationships to generate income. As to the stores they own, I have yet to find anything at CW or GM that is not available online or at other local merchants for lower prices. That's not saying they don't have good sales, but I don't shop, I buy and I only buy when I have a need. I can't speak for Overton's.
I've purchased a TT and 2 Motorhomes from CW in the last 4 years. I was never confused about the relationship between CW and Good Sam. Maybe it was the dealerships I purchased from. Heck, if you go to the Camping World website and click on RV Sales, there are 4 choices at the top: RV Sales, RV & Outdoor Gear, RV Maintenance & Repair, and last but not least, Good Sam Club & Services. Doesn't look the things are well hidden to me.
I would advise you to shop instead of just buy. You might pay more for something than you need to.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:16 PM   #24

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Ohio
THOR #8054
Quote:
bruno...everything you mentioned is cash discounts and we all like those, which is good...the issues with GS is when they try to play like an insurance company or when you chose to purchase anything from them other than membership. They "3rd Party" everything out and the "middle man" (you) gets caught in the middle.
AAA? Kind of the same deal?
Old 10-24-2018, 09:25 PM   #25

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Yeah, bout the same with me. Good place for parts, but there are others too.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:27 PM   #26

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
Kinda like AARP?
Yeah, that too. Think I'll bow out fore it gets vicious.