Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2021, 09:34 PM   #1
jgt

State: Florida
THOR #8076
Recliners with console

I’m replacing a fold out bed with two recliners and a console. My question is the recliners and console will extend approximately 11” into the tile area of the RV. How do I lock down the recliners so they will slide when putting slides in or out

Thanks JGT

Old 11-30-2021, 10:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
More info needed to decipher your question. Year/Make/Model of RV would be nice. Are you installing these recliners in a slide? Do you mean the recliners' feet extend off the slide floor onto the unmovable floor?

Pictures always help as well.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:30 PM   #3
jgt

THOR #8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
More info needed to decipher your question. Year/Make/Model of RV would be nice. Are you installing these recliners in a slide? Do you mean the recliners' feet extend off the slide floor onto the unmovable floor?

Pictures always help as well.

Yes the recliners extend to the unmovable floor by 11 inches. I have a Thor Tuscany 44 ft 2016 FX
Old 12-01-2021, 12:40 AM   #4

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Interesting problem, I'm going to guess the recliners aren't wall huggers

following
Old 12-01-2021, 01:22 AM   #5
jgt

THOR #8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post
Interesting problem, I'm going to guess the recliners aren't wall huggers

following

Yes the recliners are wall huggers, but the set I have will extend 11 inches onto my tiles before reclined I was just wondering if anybody has worked this same problem or have a fix
Old 12-01-2021, 01:30 AM   #6
Site Team

THOR #7035
Install a new floor over your current slide floor that is 11" longer using 3/4" plywood. Install mini rollers on the bottom to handle the weight of the recliners as the slide moves.
Old 12-01-2021, 01:53 AM   #7
jgt

THOR #8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Install a new floor over your current slide floor that is 11" longer using 3/4" plywood. Install mini rollers on the bottom to handle the weight of the recliners as the slide moves.

Thanks I will try your suggestion
Old 12-01-2021, 12:11 PM   #8
jgt

THOR #8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt View Post
Thanks I will try your suggestion

When doing this will I need to fasten the recliners to the plywood or will the weight hold them in place?
Old 12-01-2021, 02:55 PM   #9

THOR #8139
Quote:
When doing this will I need to fasten the recliners to the plywood or will the weight hold them in place?
YES

Bad things could/will happen during panic stops, REALLY bad things in more serious events

What recliners are you installing?
Old 12-01-2021, 03:07 PM   #10

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Either the slide is really shallow or the recliner's you are suggesting really deep. The recliners may stick out but what is the foot print of the recliner base? Usually there will be a significant amount of any chair, sofa, recliner, sticking out beyond the feet. If the base is really that big you might need to look at a different recliner that will fit. What recliners specifically are you talking about? For reference I replaced the thor/williamsburg "incliners" with Recpro recliners and they fit in the space. Not in a slide but fit the space. In my GFs 5th wheel similar ones fit in a slide.

EDIT I tried looking up a 2016 44' and couldn't that length or model find but did see others and the sofas I saw shouldn't have had any footprint bigger than typical recliners we see and use.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:30 PM   #11
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
Either the slide is really shallow or the recliner's you are suggesting really deep. The recliners may stick out but what is the foot print of the recliner base? Usually there will be a significant amount of any chair, sofa, recliner, sticking out beyond the feet. If the base is really that big you might need to look at a different recliner that will fit. What recliners specifically are you talking about? For reference I replaced the thor/williamsburg "incliners" with Recpro recliners and they fit in the space. Not in a slide but fit the space. In my GFs 5th wheel similar ones fit in a slide.

EDIT I tried looking up a 2016 44' and couldn't that length or model find but did see others and the sofas I saw shouldn't have had any footprint bigger than typical recliners we see and use.
There is no FX model so maybe he meant the 44MT?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tusc.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	35062  
Old 12-01-2021, 06:16 PM   #12
jgt

THOR #8076
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post

Really appreciate your time, we bought the recliners from Lazy Boy and we just installed them and we were lucky, it turned out to be a good fit

Thanks, again
Old 12-02-2021, 12:29 AM   #13

THOR #8139
Quote:
Really appreciate your time, we bought the recliners from Lazy Boy and we just installed them and we were lucky, it turned out to be a good fit

Thanks, again
Glad you got them in
Thanks for the update