Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2019, 06:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
TV Replacement

Two of the three Seiki TVs have failed. No surprise. I bought a replacement for the one over the exit door in our Axis 25.2. There was not enough clearance at the top to slide it into the factory supplied mount. The top of the tv hit the ceiling with still about an inch needed before sliding down into and locking in the mount. I thought it would just be do away with one, put up another. Should have known better. Now I want to replace with a Samsung 32 inch and wonder if those of you who have already done so have lowered the existing mount or had to use another? I finally got the existing mount unscrewed from the base and await your always wonderful guidance.
Also the HDMI connector to the tv broke and I can't figure out how to run a new one without what appears to be removal of everything but the gas cap. Any help there?

2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #2

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
I replaced two of the three siekis the first year I owned the rig. I just drilled the mount to get the right height . The outside tv fit the mount, but touched the door when closed, so I taped padding to the upper corners of the screen.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:47 PM   #3

THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trkyte@msn.com View Post
I replaced two of the three siekis the first year I owned the rig. I just drilled the mount to get the right height . The outside tv fit the mount, but touched the door when closed, so I taped padding to the upper corners of the screen.
Do you mean you drilled the metal mount and used the existing holes in the wood base on the wall?
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Old 05-11-2019, 12:21 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Before you tear up your rig to get to the HDMI cable, try removing the microwave. In my 2016 25.2, the cable splitter is inside there, and there might be a HDMI connection in there, too.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:11 AM   #5

THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Before you tear up your rig to get to the HDMI cable, try removing the microwave. In my 2016 25.2, the cable splitter is inside there, and there might be a HDMI connection in there, too.
Thank you Mr Sunshine. I ran outside and took out the microwave. Sucker is heavy! Unplugged it first but then had to figure out how to get the cord back through the hole to its outlet while hefting the mwave. It worked out and yes, I found a big mass of stuff in there, none of which I know squat about. Another learning challenge! I did recognize round black cables that are probably hdmi cables, two black and one gray. Much to learn. Rats! The pic is upside down and I don't know why or how to fix it. It was fine everywhere else.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2341.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	17291
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Old 05-11-2019, 01:44 AM   #6

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Your pic came through right side up. I don't see any HDMI, the three into the splitter are cable, one to each TV. While you have that open, check every connection to make sure they are tight on the splitter and the other dohickey, which is the booster switch.
Suggest you get a helper to put that micro back in. I've done it myself, but if you drop it you're in a world of hurt.
So, the question about the HDMI remains. There are videos about splicing or repairing HDMI, so that might be your solution. Not an easy job, but it might be your only option. Good luck!
Old 05-11-2019, 02:09 AM   #7

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
I broke the HDMI connection to my outside TV set, there was absolutely no way to run a new wire there, I bought a wireless set up, it was fairly easy to hook up, and works just as good as the hardwired TV’s inside.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:43 AM   #8

THOR #4466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Your pic came through right side up. I don't see any HDMI, the three into the splitter are cable, one to each TV. While you have that open, check every connection to make sure they are tight on the splitter and the other dohickey, which is the booster switch.
Suggest you get a helper to put that micro back in. I've done it myself, but if you drop it you're in a world of hurt.
So, the question about the HDMI remains. There are videos about splicing or repairing HDMI, so that might be your solution. Not an easy job, but it might be your only option. Good luck!
The microwave is installed thanks to cord management assistance from lovely wife. She pulled it through the hole in the cabinet side as I struggled with the beast. Everything is buttoned up and the problem is now solved. Wireless. Yep, I'm going wireless.
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD