Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2015, 10:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #1471
Ace 30.1 A/C

We went out with our ACE 30.1 last weekend and the weather was hot. 95 to 102 degrees. Our A/C unit could now keep up with the heat. At one point it was 90 outside and 95 inside than it was inside. When we got back I contacted Airxcel [Coleman] and they said that a unit that size should not have a 13.500 BTU unit. It should be 15.000 BTU. When I tried to contact Thor about it they wouldn't answer back. The tech at Airxcel was a little surprized that they are putting these substandard A/C's in these coaches.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:47 AM   #2

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Florida
THOR #1499
I'm surprised that your 30.1 came with a 13,500 BTU. I have a 2015 30.1 with a 15,000 BTU (it came as an upgrade) and it pushed quite cool air into the bedroom all three days last weekend at 93+ all day and 82-85 at night. When I was looking at the ACEs last year I thought they all came with the air at 15,000 and other standard upgrades.

The downside that I have with the air is that the gallons of water it pulls from the air at these temperatures streams right down on the screen door when the door is open.

All aside, I would think that the air conditioner should be able to put some cool air out and if it's putting out hot air --- something's wrong and if it's still in the one year warranty period Coleman/Thor should come to your aid.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:19 AM   #3

State: Washington
THOR #1471
I just ordered a new replacement 15,000. I a having it put in on Aug 1st. I'm glad they didn't do it to you. Were also in the future going to get day & night roller shades. That should help also.