Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2015, 05:40 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I think that's pretty much the conclusion of the fitrv guy's tests... and at the time I was looking at this stuff my intuition was telling me the same thing. These things will never deliver the kind of flow rate and velocity to really do a thorough blasting that you are expecting

The way I look at these things, they are merely a way to add water to the tank.... which alone is a good thing sometimes..... although I have read that many experienced folks never do any sort of rinse or flushing of their tanks. in my case though, my usage over weekend trips and such is so intermittent, and with kids it's hard to know how much paper gets put in there, so on occasion I do fill the tanks back up with water after dumping at home, just to get a flush out.... and a couple times that I've tried the clear adapter fitting, I'm surprised at how much more paper and stuff is still in there....

But in the end, do I really care if it just stays in there until the next normal dump.... no really.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:51 PM   #62
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
So far I think our tornado has always spun; not that I can see it. I can hear it running and its obvious when it begins spinning.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 06:52 PM   #63
Moderator Emeritus

Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I am sure when it works, it works great. It just seems to be water pressure sensitive.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:54 AM   #64

Model: Fourwinds Windsport 36R
State: Ontario
THOR #8513
get the No Fuss Flush kit and not the Tornado. The tornado requires good pressure to work and even then the spinner can stop working from grim that is in the tank. The No Fuss has no mechanical moving parts and is not prone to problems and also works well even under lower pressure.