Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2024, 12:18 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #31954
BM Pro controller not working

I have a 2023 Thor Axis 24.1. Today when I started the RV, the BM Pro control panel does not illuminate which means that I can not turn items on and off, such as the water pump, heater, etc. From the manual I followed the directions to awaken the controller from sleep mode, but that had no effect. I repeated the process several times, with the engine on and off, with the generator on and off, and with both engine and generator together on and off. The screen is still blank. Any ideas that will get this working are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Paul

Old 02-27-2024, 02:11 AM   #2

Model: 2022 Tellaro 20L
State: Vermont
THOR #30506
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpauldc View Post
I have a 2023 Thor Axis 24.1. Today when I started the RV, the BM Pro control panel does not illuminate which means that I can not turn items on and off, such as the water pump, heater, etc. From the manual I followed the directions to awaken the controller from sleep mode, but that had no effect. I repeated the process several times, with the engine on and off, with the generator on and off, and with both engine and generator together on and off. The screen is still blank. Any ideas that will get this working are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Paul
You can "try" to get dealer to help, but I'll bet they can't-won't-have no idea, and avoid the "W" word, but you can try... I said goodbye to my useless dealer long ago, b/c the warranty is useless (for me anyway) and I save time by fixing myself... but you should ask anyways... :-)

Happens a lot- my battery died in my BMPro, so I ordered a new one from Amazon and soldered it in. PDF attached. If it doesn't boot up- dead battery. Got too low on SOC and was left alone too long, so it won't come back to life. (*snif*) C'est la mort...

I also suggest downloading the RVmaster app and pair the phone so you can operate from that if this happens again. Obviously need tha tablet alive to do that.

To remove from wall, find two tabs on bottom corners and push in at rear to release from wall holder- see the other pdf on battery winterization- covers LFP batteries as well. See pdf...

If storing the RV for long periods, the battery may die- so I started keeping the tablet inside and storing at 50-60%, then every 3 months charge to 100% and leave on until back to 50-60% and turn off.

pls. read both pdfs for complete details for tablet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMPro battery replacement.pdf (1.23 MB, 73 views)
File Type: pdf Winterization- battery.pdf (830.3 KB, 48 views)
Daily driver: 2021 VW ID4
Mark54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 03:16 AM   #3

THOR #31954
BM Pro controller not working

Thank you Mark54. This information is the most thorough I have received so far. Hopefully this will enable me to get it working. Be well
Old 02-27-2024, 01:33 PM   #4

THOR #30506
Quote:
Thank you Mark54. This information is the most thorough I have received so far. Hopefully this will enable me to get it working. Be well
Most welcome- if you can solder, that would be best, if not crimp butt connectors work, just make sure they are making contact and are for small wires (24gauge or so).

I did a lot of small scale radio soldering since I was 10. Harder now b/c I'm 70 and hands are bigger, but I still remember how...

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:49 PM   #5

THOR #31954
Thanks, you have been very helpful.
Old 02-28-2024, 01:13 AM   #6

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
I had an issue and bmpro sent a new one & thor did Goodwill for it
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 08:25 PM   #7
HAA

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #31545
My BMPRO controller suddenly had a message of "you are disconnected" and all of the functions were greyed out. I followed the instructions in this YouTube video, just ignore the JayCommand reference.

In my case I basically just swiped right on all the open apps and then reselected the RVMASTER app.

This looks helpful as well:

https://teambmpro.com/wp-content/upl...nnected_v1.pdf
Old 02-28-2024, 08:29 PM   #8

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAA View Post
My BMPRO controller suddenly had a message of "you are disconnected" and all of the functions were greyed out. I followed the instructions in this YouTube video, just ignore the JayCommand reference.

In my case I basically just swiped right on all the open apps and then reselected the RVMASTER app.

This looks helpful as well:

https://teambmpro.com/wp-content/upl...nnected_v1.pdf
Appreciate..try to have the app on phones tablet computer it still works in this mode
Old 02-28-2024, 10:45 PM   #9

THOR #31954
Good Day. The battery was dead. I ordered a replacement from Amazon. although the electronic description matches the old battery, the physical size is different in width and length. Someone told me that makes it incompatible with the BMPro unit. Note that no one seems to have a battery that is a perfect physical match. Based on your experience, is it wise to place the new battery in the BMPro? thank you.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:56 PM   #10

THOR #20220
Quote:
Good Day. The battery was dead. I ordered a replacement from Amazon. although the electronic description matches the old battery, the physical size is different in width and length. Someone told me that makes it incompatible with the BMPro unit. Note that no one seems to have a battery that is a perfect physical match. Based on your experience, is it wise to place the new battery in the BMPro? thank you.
If under warranty or just removed ask thor for a Goodwill replacement..worked for me
Old 02-29-2024, 12:09 AM   #11
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
There's a whole thread here with instructions on how to replace that battery and where to get a replacement:

Or check out post #21 in this thread:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8...ems-28187.html
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 01:09 AM   #12

THOR #30506
Quote:
volts and amps are all that matters- mine was physically smaller but is same otherwise- see my PDF and you'll see that I just soldered it in and works great.
Person who told you size matters was probably referring to something else...:-)

Too large would def. be a problem for the battery. Smaller is ok.
Opposite of the other reference.
Old 03-02-2024, 09:12 PM   #13

State: Texas
THOR #31902
My BP Pro also would not wake up. I was going to replace the battery but when I popped it off the wall and was trying to unplug it, it came on before I could completely get it unplugged. Made sure it was firmy plugged in, snapped it back on the wall and it's been working ever since.
Old 03-02-2024, 09:42 PM   #14

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolcam View Post
My BP Pro also would not wake up. I was going to replace the battery but when I popped it off the wall and was trying to unplug it, it came on before I could completely get it unplugged. Made sure it was firmy plugged in, snapped it back on the wall and it's been working ever since.
Lucky! Make sure app installed everywhere
Old 03-02-2024, 09:58 PM   #15

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Going forward this topic should be a sticky.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:12 PM   #16

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Going forward this topic should be a sticky.
Amen 🙏
Old 03-03-2024, 02:06 AM   #17

State: Alaska
THOR #30666
I removed my BM Pro controller for the winter

I live where it gets cold (-40) in the winter which is below the storage specs for the BM Pro. I confirmed with the manufacturer that I should bring it in for the winter. I tested it a few weeks ago and the battery is still at 100%.
If lithium ion batteries are drained down to absolute zero, they very often develop a fault that makes them not work any more. Most battery controllers cut don't allow a device to do this but it sounds like the tablet they are using for the controller is not doing this. Yank it off the wall if you are going to leave it idle for a month or two.
Old 03-03-2024, 03:49 PM   #18

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticGPS View Post
I live where it gets cold (-40) in the winter which is below the storage specs for the BM Pro. I confirmed with the manufacturer that I should bring it in for the winter. I tested it a few weeks ago and the battery is still at 100%.
If lithium ion batteries are drained down to absolute zero, they very often develop a fault that makes them not work any more. Most battery controllers cut don't allow a device to do this but it sounds like the tablet they are using for the controller is not doing this. Yank it off the wall if you are going to leave it idle for a month or two.
Heater in rig
Old 03-03-2024, 07:01 PM   #19

THOR #30506
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticGPS View Post
It can get to -30 in VT (not this winter tho!) and also these batteries are not Li-ion, but Li-polymer.
So I'd have to look up how to store them, but would ass-oome, similar to LFP batteries, remove (if cold climate or below 25 and store at 50-60% and cycle once every 3 months. can't hurt.
My BMPro was in 50 temps last winter, RV stored inside, but got to 0% SOC and were not responsive last spring.This winter stored at home, outside, b/c now I can remove batteries easily, so I figured the BMPro had to come in as well.

Think the info packet had any info about that??

Not "Just no..."
:-)
Old 03-10-2024, 10:13 AM   #20
HAA

THOR #31545
The dealer ordered a warranty replacement BMPRO for my coach because it keeps losing the RVMASTER app or requiring me to remove and reinstall that app before the screen will work properly. (getting message of "you are disconnected" and all of the functions are greyed out.)