Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 04:30 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I think they don’t care, and don’t fear consequences at all. Plus I’d bet it makes them feel more powerful than they are by acting with “I’m going to do whatever I want and you can’t stop me” mentality. This selfish mindset is spreading through society. If they litter in your front yard or isolated camp site, they know someone else will eventually pick it up. It must make them feel more important.

What gets me in Texas is how many throw trash like fast food cups and wrappers in the bed of their pickups knowing it will blow out at highway speeds. Yeah, I agree it’s difficult to understand this kind of behavior at any level.
Replace litter, with 60mph in an 80mph zone(insert 55 in a 65 or whatever causes you to understand) and that's exactly how i feel about people who do 15mph under the speed limit simply to accomodate their comfort or lack of skill.

They're in control for once in theiir life.
Leading the parade.

Some here, right here, on this forum, say often:
I'll do as I like. I don't care about traffic patterns or not parking my dolly where I'm told to or using pads to keep from putting divots in the rv space with my levelers.
"I'll leave the divot, I'll mount the spare on the ladder, I'm retired so I'll drive slow and ruin every traffic pattern I come across, I'll open my slide and bbq at Wal-Mart...."
You've read it here time and time and time again.

Punchline:
Littering is bad.
Self centered is the cause.
Actual it's more of an 'fu'.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
Old 11-09-2021, 03:02 AM   #22

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
We boondock frequently and have not seen any closures in the areas we use, but I have seen some people who seem to think that they own the boondocking areas.

We stopped at one of our favorite boondocking sites, set up and went for a walk. When we got back we saw that someone had roped off the entire area saying that it was reserved, and one person came over to us and told us to leave. She said they had reserved the area for their family. I told them that the area was not subject to reservation and we were not going anywhere, so she went off in a huff and her husband come over to tell us to leave. He tried really hard to convince us to go somewhere else, but at least he did not think that they had the right to reserve the entire area.
Those kind of jack asses need to been introduced to my good friend Smith & Wesson if they don't get back in there RV!!!
Old 11-09-2021, 03:12 AM   #23

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
Those kind of jack asses need to been introduced to my good friend Smith & Wesson if they don't get back in there RV!!!

Really?
You're the biggest problem, far beyond any other mentioned here..

You remove your post and I'll remove this one I quoted.

Old 11-09-2021, 02:54 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Please help me understand how boondocking actually works on public lands or similar sites.

As initially stated, we don’t boondock in the wild (remote areas away from civilization). We would try it if not overly concerned about safety, feeling that parking alone in an unsupervised forest could leave one vulnerable. Even if other vehicles were near by, I’m not sure that’s much better. Worst case your neighbor could be a Ted Bundy hunting his next victim.

Anyway, how do you find sites, determine availability if there are no reservations, judge personal safety, etc.? And what’s the main reason you do it?
Old 11-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #25

THOR #13932
Freeroam app has about every sliver of a spot you'd want to know about.
But
We haven't used it. We have it because of our preparedness for the unpreparable.

Old 11-09-2021, 03:20 PM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
Wow...
Are you actually will9ing to kill all of them?
Because when they call the Police; you WILL be charged with "Assault with a deadly weapon", and that my friend: means jail time!

Or is this all just big talk behind the safety of a keyboard?
Old 11-09-2021, 03:36 PM   #27

THOR #13932
While reading the s&w crap
It crossed my mind of how many times someone with bob's background would shoot that guy in the chest just as that knucklehead post guy cleared leather by a millimeter.

Assault if he survived.
Brandishing
Potentially elder abuse
Local charges
Local really pissed off court system.

Potentially Years and $200,000 in costs and fines.
But hey, defending an rv spot against a some small family is important.

Old 11-09-2021, 04:09 PM   #28

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
I've found in the short time I've been on this Earth that most people behaving like bullies are simply reacting to a miserable childhood or life situation. Most can be calmly "talked down" using a proper approach.

The ones who are actually doing the killings are targeting individuals with whom they have a personal or financial vendetta - typically big city turf and drug wars.

If you LOGICALLY think about it, camping in remote areas miles away from civilization is a relatively safe activity. Most crimes are committed in heavily populated areas - convenient and economical for thieves. The likelihood of being hunted down by a serial killer is more rare than getting struck by lightning in the desert.

Like most of life's choices, overcoming fear/paranoia of the unknown is about carefully thinking things through and being prepared.
Old 11-09-2021, 05:32 PM   #29

State: California
THOR #19337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
I

If you LOGICALLY think about it, camping in remote areas miles away from civilization is a relatively safe activity. Most crimes are committed in heavily populated areas - convenient and economical for thieves. The likelihood of being hunted down by a serial killer is more rare than getting struck by lightning in the desert.

Like most of life's choices, overcoming fear/paranoia of the unknown is about carefully thinking things through and being prepared.
I agree, it does make one think and sometimes nervous, at least me. But it is a safe endeavor. Sometimes, and it happens in parks too, you get someone near you that wants their music on full blast or other such things but for the most part all is good.
Old 11-09-2021, 05:38 PM   #30

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
This thread started out with a good question but morphed into something else and is proof that the USA of old is gone. We used to believe in a live and let live form of social interaction. Not anymore. Just read the comments of some posters in this thread and you will see that civility and common sense are gone. Everyone must drive like a maniac and do 80 MPH. If you don't like your boon docking neighbor, just pull your pistol and put a cap in them. Don't expect a business to actually earn the fees they charge by maintaining their facilities. I am glad I don't interact with any of you guys when out camping.
Old 11-09-2021, 05:58 PM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
"Be nice"...
Old 11-09-2021, 06:34 PM   #32

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
This thread started out with a good question but morphed into something else and is proof that the USA of old is gone. We used to believe in a live and let live form of social interaction. Not anymore. Just read the comments of some posters in this thread and you will see that civility and common sense are gone. Everyone must drive like a maniac and do 80 MPH. If you don't like your boon docking neighbor, just pull your pistol and put a cap in them. Don't expect a business to actually earn the fees they charge by maintaining their facilities. I am glad I don't interact with any of you guys when out camping.
So true and so sad

Sent from my SM-G970U using Thor RV Forum mobile app
Old 11-09-2021, 06:48 PM   #33

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
I was wondering how we went from talking about taking care of our public lands for our future enjoyment to where we are now, blowing away the neighbors in the National forest...
Roadmaster Invisibrake
Closed Thread