Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-13-2017, 06:13 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Idaho
Posts: 2
THOR #8216
Build quality

Has anyone else had this much trouble.

seats were set to low to swivel
rear sink has missing laminate piece
heat duct not connected
flooring not secure
door jam not straight
cold air return vent split on side
AC vent has crack
shelf loose had to be secured
only one key in rig
__________________

__________________
geflicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: challenger 37YT
State: Michigan
Posts: 247
THOR #6874
Sounds about normal, we had multiple issues also, bought the rig in feb and the last issue(I hope) will be fixed tomorrow.
__________________

__________________
rick kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:36 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum 31WS
State: Arizona
Posts: 121
THOR #7419
We're on the second short trip with our new Quantum WS31. We have many of the same type issues. Unfortunately, many are what was reported to have been fixed.

Awning worked on 3 times. Won't retract under power.

Levels Jacks lift MH off the ground on auto level.

Toilet not property fastened to floor. Wobbles greately...and we're not that big.

Cable connection won't work.

Etc, etc, etc.
__________________
rlcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:47 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
airforceret's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
Posts: 327
THOR #6414
I wish my list would have been that short.... We ordered ours on an E450 and it was delivered on an E350! Still haven't got that issued resolved yet! We had a faulty water tank, shelves cut too narrow and wouldn't stay in, bathroom wall not connected to other wall, bench seats falling apart, water fittings finger tight and leaking, wiring hanging down in the kitchen drawer, pencil marks on the ceiling, air gaps you can see outside, door wouldn't lock, to name a few.
__________________
Roger, Dawn, and Roxie
airforceret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:21 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum 31WS
State: Arizona
Posts: 121
THOR #7419
Wow. That is unreal.

This is our 5th RV. By far the worst build quality we've had. This was supposed to be their high end class C. Every part used seems to be the cheapest model possible for the function. If the wood doesn't shoe with doors or drawers closed the used a very dull cross cut blade. Their craftsman must have no pride..
__________________
rlcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:21 PM   #6
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: Virginia
Posts: 4,689
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceret View Post
I wish my list would have been that short.... We ordered ours on an E450 and it was delivered on an E350! Still haven't got that issued resolved yet! We had a faulty water tank, shelves cut too narrow and wouldn't stay in, bathroom wall not connected to other wall, bench seats falling apart, water fittings finger tight and leaking, wiring hanging down in the kitchen drawer, pencil marks on the ceiling, air gaps you can see outside, door wouldn't lock, to name a few.
I wasn't aware that you could order an E450 rather than an E350. Depending on size I believe the only options were Ford E350 or Chevrolet. Once you got above a certain length then you are limited to the E450. Who told you you could order a E350 coach on the E450 cutaway chassis? Was that the dealer?
__________________
Dave
US Army (Ret)
2020 Entegra Accolade 37TS
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:39 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
airforceret's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
Posts: 327
THOR #6414
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I wasn't aware that you could order an E450 rather than an E350. Depending on size I believe the only options were Ford E350 or Chevrolet. Once you got above a certain length then you are limited to the E450. Who told you you could order a E350 coach on the E450 cutaway chassis? Was that the dealer?
For 2017 they were all E450. Apparently since my issue they updated their website to reflect E350 on smaller units. I have all the web documentation and brochures (and my original build sheet) that shows either E450 (specifically) or GCVW of 22,000 (which is an E450).

They'd like for everyone to think that but I have proof I was wronged by them!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-04-12_10h29_50 (1).jpg
Views:	168
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	5912   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170115_0001.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	5913  

__________________
Roger, Dawn, and Roxie
airforceret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:07 AM   #8
Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
Posts: 57
THOR #4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcpe View Post
We're on the second short trip with our new Quantum WS31. We have many of the same type issues. Unfortunately, many are what was reported to have been fixed.

Awning worked on 3 times. Won't retract under power.

Levels Jacks lift MH off the ground on auto level.

Toilet not property fastened to floor. Wobbles greately...and we're not that big.

Cable connection won't work.

Etc, etc, etc.
Listen..... The RV industry has shown great profit over the last couple of years. Stockholders are not interested in our satisfaction. Build em' and push em' out the door for profit. They are interseted in sales - not QC. Problems are left to the dealer - and if that fails, then Thor customer service plays interference after the fact.

Took me a little while to understand this. I was intially a Winnebego owner...... Now I'm a Thor owner who now has "revoked acceptance" and caught up in litigation thanks to poor QC and a customer service disconnect.
__________________
laberj45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:39 AM   #9
Member
 
State: California
Posts: 38
THOR #6375
A little more information please?
__________________
sevansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:22 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
Posts: 1
THOR #8462
Poor Quality

Your lucky. Just bought a 2018 and it took 3 pages to write down the issues. The major ones are:
leaking driver window
broken wiper arm that scratched the coach
stairs don't stay open
bed above diver seat keeps angling
screw and other objects coming through flooring
bad TV
cabinets has no fasteners to hold them closed
__________________

__________________
Bonecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
quality

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×