Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2014 Windsport 34f
State: Alabama
THOR #6507
Chance,

I would love me some 8 MPG

Toad: (Wally One) 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking (4 Down)
"Welcome to our front porch"
rickymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:22 PM   #42
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
I added the vent in the A/C cover like SuperD did, I also installed the MaxAir covers over all 3 of my vents to help draw the heat out and added the Magna Shades for the front and driver and passenger windows. The Magna Shades are expensive but to me they are worth it. I may do the DYI window tint for the rest of the windows in the MH, but not sure about that yet.
I am not sure of the validity of this information...
Ron visited with a local OLD window tint fellow regarding tinting the side windows up front. The man told him one must be careful with what they use to tint the side glass as that glass is, often, not the same quality as auto glass. If it is tinted with the improper material, it can cause glass failure.
This remains as one of the mods we plan on doing !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:07 PM   #43

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
If you plan on adding tint be sure you get the heat blocking type. I have 3M crystalline on my Yukon windows, in direct Texas sun I can't feel any heat coming thru the windows. Adding heat blocking tint is on my list of things to do for the motorhome.
Say Dave, The heat blocking tint by 3M is new information for me sounds worth looking into. How dark is it when installed? Would I be street legal If I had it installed on the cab side windows?

I already had Remi Shades installed for night privacy and parking ($900-$1000 from Winnebago) they block heat and provide total privacy as well but since you can't see out you can't drive naturally.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:43 PM   #44

Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
Say Dave, The heat blocking tint by 3M is new information for me sounds worth looking into. How dark is it when installed? Would I be street legal If I had it installed on the cab side windows?

I already had Remi Shades installed for night privacy and parking ($900-$1000 from Winnebago) they block heat and provide total privacy as well but since you can't see out you can't drive naturally.

It comes in clear
Old 07-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #45

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post

Yes, it does come in clear and then various shades up to almost black, great stuff that actually works!