Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2020, 02:32 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #13770
A.C.E. 30.2. Is there a separate additional fuse somewhere for the slide that's Not u

Hi Everyone;

I had a bit of an unnerving experience today. I'm at a military famcamp & had the SPs pounding on my door, demanding that I evacuate within ten minutes in my pj's, bc of a brush fire that got outta control on base.

Well, I quickly threw everything blocking my slide onto my bed & pressed the slide retract button & nothing happened, not even a sound. I thought maybe there wasn't enough juice so I ran my genset & Still the slide remained stubbornly silent.

At that point the SPs reappeared & quite literally grabbed me & pulled me down my steps, telling me to jump in my toad & leave. I did.

A number of hours later we were given the all clear to return to the famcamp, which was still standing.

I have no clue what could be wrong with my slide. The other items on that 15 fuse, like the LED lights (which says it's the "driver's side slide"), all work. I only have the one slide but the fuses below my bed also indicate a passenger side slide.

I'm hoping y'all know of another hidden place to find a fuse to my slide so that I can get it working again or some other quick & inexpensive fix for me to try (& easy for us tech challenged folk!).

I'd hate for them to evacuate us again without that slide able to close. The next time the famcamp might not be standing when we returned...

As always, I truly appreciate your help!

Soldier Girl

Old 07-16-2020, 02:41 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
What was the status of your ignition key? The slide won't move if the ignition is turned on. You wouldn't be the first to find that interlock by accident.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 02:48 AM   #3

THOR #13770
Yep, done that before but not today. It doesn't even make a sound, just ignores me...thanks for checking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
What was the status of your ignition key? The slide won't move if the ignition is turned on. You wouldn't be the first to find that interlock by accident.
Old 07-16-2020, 02:59 AM   #4

Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
THOR #1287
In our 30.2...

The slide is very (as in very very very) sensitive to low voltage. Our first symptom of failing batteries was exactly what you experienced--even (like you found) with our genny running the batteries were not up to snuff. Lights would work, but not the slide. If you are not getting an error code on the slide controller you might want to load test those batteries. May seem fine until under a load.
Good luck, stay healthy and keep safe.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:30 AM   #5

THOR #13770
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrrV View Post
The slide is very (as in very very very) sensitive to low voltage. Our first symptom of failing batteries was exactly what you experienced--even (like you found) with our genny running the batteries were not up to snuff. Lights would work, but not the slide. If you are not getting an error code on the slide controller you might want to load test those batteries. May seem fine until under a load.
Good luck, stay healthy and keep safe.
I sure hope not, I jus replaced both agm 6v batteries last month! Thx for the idea though
Old 07-16-2020, 08:38 AM   #6

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier Girl View Post
I sure hope not, I jus replaced both agm 6v batteries last month! Thx for the idea though
Time for a multi-meter and a You Tube lesson on how to use it.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:27 PM   #7

THOR #13770
I'm doing that this morning. I also called LCI1 & they told me how to find the controller. I need to grab a neighbor to check it since one person has to be inside & one outside at the controller to get it to flash it's error codes, if any. I'll keep y'all posted & thx as always!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Time for a multi-meter and a You Tube lesson on how to use it.