Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2014, 11:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31k
State: New York
THOR #1003
Wiring in Thor Chateau 31K

I am wondering if anyone has a resource for the standard wiring diagram and harnesses for Thor? Specifically I am looking to see if side camera wiring is located anywhere such as near the side mirrors for side mirror cameras? Also any additional stock wiring for speakers in the coach itself. If not, at least the location of the harnesses.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #2

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by debug1010 View Post
I am wondering if anyone has a resource for the standard wiring diagram and harnesses for Thor? Specifically I am looking to see if side camera wiring is located anywhere such as near the side mirrors for side mirror cameras? Also any additional stock wiring for speakers in the coach itself. If not, at least the location of the harnesses.
Unfortunately I don't, but wish I did so i'll be folowing the thread in hopes.....

I have been in touch directly with the Customer Serv folks at TMC several weeks ago, the gentleman was nice and helpful with another question, so I don't think it is just "Customer No-Service". He claims to have nothing to send, but would try. Followed up with him just yesterday and he has nothing for me. I just think it's bad practice meets bad policy to not give info to the customers. What are you hiding Thor?

I was expecting a very basic logic diagram, which no doubt they have, even if it's non-unit specific (like the manuals are) for use in training their workers or whatever. Just for some reason they don't want to share????
They really should even have more detailed schemaitics available, if not coach by coach, at least by model.... but I'm doubting that they do given the way these things are thrown together.

Also, just a gut feel, but I doubt the wiring is there if it was not a factory option. I'm wondering if I have power at my non-powered mirrors so that some day it might be easy to swap mine out for powered and heated ones.... but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, the driving for me to ask for the schematics to begin with was that I just wanted to better understand the relays and systems in my new coach. I really don't like guessing and assuming.... wth questions such as does the chassis engine charge the house battery, and if so where and how does it tie in? I've figured out half that question I think, But Thor.... if your are reading this..... I SHOULDN"T HAVE TO FIGURE THAT OUT!
Old 08-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 31k
State: New York
THOR #1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
Unfortunately I don't, but wish I did so i'll be folowing the thread in hopes.....

I have been in touch directly with the Customer Serv folks at TMC several weeks ago, the gentleman was nice and helpful with another question, so I don't think it is just "Customer No-Service". He claims to have nothing to send, but would try. Followed up with him just yesterday and he has nothing for me. I just think it's bad practice meets bad policy to not give info to the customers. What are you hiding Thor?

I was expecting a very basic logic diagram, which no doubt they have, even if it's non-unit specific (like the manuals are) for use in training their workers or whatever. Just for some reason they don't want to share????
They really should even have more detailed schemaitics available, if not coach by coach, at least by model.... but I'm doubting that they do given the way these things are thrown together.

Also, just a gut feel, but I doubt the wiring is there if it was not a factory option. I'm wondering if I have power at my non-powered mirrors so that some day it might be easy to swap mine out for powered and heated ones.... but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, the driving for me to ask for the schematics to begin with was that I just wanted to better understand the relays and systems in my new coach. I really don't like guessing and assuming.... wth questions such as does the chassis engine charge the house battery, and if so where and how does it tie in? I've figured out half that question I think, But Thor.... if your are reading this..... I SHOULDN"T HAVE TO FIGURE THAT OUT!
Agreed, When they design the interior they lay it out on a 3d CAD system. I doubt they customize harnesses and in fact make them all the same. The options are then added, or not during manufacture. I doubt they would ever let the 3d CAD drawings out for obvious reasons. You wouldn't want the high tech construction secrets of these things to go public. A good example is the tow package. My coach had all the wiring in place for the brake module etc, saved me a good chunk of money finding that out. My dealer knew that, but I never would have known.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #4

Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by debug1010 View Post
I doubt they customize harnesses and in fact make them all the same. The options are then added, or not during manufacture.
Of course that is what most manufacturers do, and in 99% of the cases would be the smart thing.... and TMC very likely does for some of it.....(as your tow wiring suggests) but just based on what I have seen re. the construction of my rig, I wouldn't put big money on a bet saying they do it throughout, especially for specialty items like camera wiring.... For your project, I hope I'm wrong though!

Hopefully someone here has access to the electrical (and plumbing) schematics taht they could post. I for one would be greatful.