Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Fuses and breakers

I see lots of questions on breakers and fuses. I believe the dealers should be required to print of a list of breakers and fuses and their locations for each new owner. There doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason for the location of some of them. I was looking for the fuse that controls the 12 volts for the antenna booster. Finally found it in the BCC under the hood. Since it was part of the coach, I didn't expect it to be there.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:10 PM   #2

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
what I think you are saying, and I will agree, is that the Factories should INCLUDE a wiring and electrical schematic for each unit they produce. A 'generic' owner's manual is not good enough, but has been the accepted measure since the RV industry began, though today there are too many variables for this to any longer be accepted.

We need more 'detailed' info about systems, how they work, and where they and their associated controllers/fuses/breakers, etc are located.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #3

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
The problem is there are no 2 wired/plumbed the same, it depends on which guy did it on which day, the schematics are merely a suggestion. As a fellow rver once said "what do the Amish know about electricity or televisions?".
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 01:17 AM   #4

State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
While the wiring/plumbing schematics would be nice, something as simple as fuse and breaker locations would be valuable. Never would I have thought the 12 volt antenna booster would be located under the hood. Seems there are 3 fuse locations. In the main high voltage panel, drivers side floor board and in the grill front with the BCC. As a newbie 2 years ago I had to figure this out.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:21 AM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
As a fellow rver once said "what do the Amish know about electricity or televisions?".
Funny, I like that!!!