Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2018, 10:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31W
State: Delaware
THOR #13591
Cab separator curtain

Howdy! I've got a 2018 Thor Chateau 31W. There's a rounded cutout in between the driver's cab and the house with two 1" heavy duty velcro dots on the bulkhead above it. The dealer told me this is for a cab separator curtain that's used to keep the temperature control while driving (A/C or heat) from going to the back. Unfortunately, this item wasn't onboard when I bought it, and the parts department is having difficulty ordering it. Does anyone out there know if this thing exists, what it looks like, and possibly a part number? Thor parts department told us that the curtain that covers the cab-over bunk is the same one used below to separate the cab from the RV, but it's like 15' long, so I'm guessing that doesn't fit over the 3' opening. Help please!

Old 12-02-2018, 11:17 PM   #2

Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choxnpinz View Post
...but it's like 15' long, so I'm guessing that doesn't fit over the 3' opening. Help please!
I have a 31L. The 15' in mine runs along the windshield and down both sides. Look for Velcro strips running along the edges of the headliner in these areas. The curtain blocks the view from the road into the cab and RV.

I also have the other and didn't know what they were for. I didn't get the other curtain either so, one has to say hmmmm.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:03 AM   #3

THOR #13591
Quote:
Originally Posted by RvEd View Post
I have a 31L. The 15' in mine runs along the windshield and down both sides. Look for Velcro strips running along the edges of the headliner in these areas. The curtain blocks the view from the road into the cab and RV.

I also have the other and didn't know what they were for. I didn't get the other curtain either so, one has to say hmmmm.

Yeah, I kinda assumed the 15' thing was a windshield cover, but that still doesn't explain why there's velcro to hold up a cab separator curtain. If the dealer can't figure it out, maybe I'll just need to manufacture one myself with Reflectix and wire hangers to hold the shape. LOL
Old 12-03-2018, 01:14 AM   #4

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Mine was missing at delivory also but Thor sent me one.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:52 AM   #5

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Or just go to Walmart or Target and get an insulated one. Hang it on a rod if neefed.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:01 AM   #6

Model: Axis 25.4
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnach View Post
Or just go to Walmart or Target and get an insulated one. Hang it on a rod if neefed.
NEEFED ?? Fn phone.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:04 AM   #7

THOR #13591
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Mine was missing at delivory also but Thor sent me one.

So it DOES exist? You wouldn't happen to know a part number, would you?
Old 12-07-2018, 08:52 PM   #8

Model: Chateau 26B
State: Virginia
THOR #9566
I never received one that small. Mine came with the long curtain that goes from the back of each front seat, wraps around the side windows and windshield. Connected everywhere there is a white velcro dot. I've never seen a smaller one that just covers the opening between the back of the seats and separates the front from the back.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:45 PM   #9

Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #11535
I got a Freedom Elite 30FE and I only got the curtain to go around windshield. If someone does find a curtain that just fits the opening need to let us all know. I would like to get one.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:19 PM   #10

THOR #13931
I'm picking up my new 2019 28E Chateau next Wednesday and I will hit up the service adviser about it and a part number, the people at the dealership didn't have a clue when I asked them about it, other than them saying the two dots of Velcro I was pointing at were to attach something.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:41 PM   #11

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
That amazes me that they actually put "Velcro" and "attachment" together.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:42 PM   #12

State: Massachusetts
THOR #12830
Have a Thor Citation with an overhead bunk. I removed the snap buttons covers they use to secure the vinyl covers. Used those to snap in a heavy cloth while traveling. Looks and works well. Need to be a little handy though.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #13

Model: Thor Chateau 28E
State: Arizona
THOR #13948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer39 View Post
I'm picking up my new 2019 28E Chateau next Wednesday and I will hit up the service adviser about it and a part number, the people at the dealership didn't have a clue when I asked them about it, other than them saying the two dots of Velcro I was pointing at were to attach something.
Just recently got a new 28E and no small cover just the big one
Old 12-10-2018, 06:42 AM   #14

State: Washington
THOR #6433
I guess I never really thought about trying to separate the spaces while driving mainly because if I want to talk to my wife and kids. But why not just use the one made to go all the way around. Sure some of the ends will hang down but why does that matter? I guess why waste money on one more thing to carry?
Old 12-15-2018, 07:28 PM   #15

THOR #13931
I picked up my 28E and I asked the dealer about covering that space, he climbed in and wrapped the windshield curtain around and connected the ends to the Velcro buttons and said this is what goes here. He has been selling them for 20 years and never has he seen one.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:51 PM   #16

Model: Thor Chateau 28E
State: Arizona
THOR #13948
Been looking at the list of standard items and optional for my 2019 Chateau and only the big one is listed no smaller one like being described. I am sure you can make one if you want one.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:55 PM   #17

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Tennessee
THOR #6584
I have a Thor FE 29 that came with the windshield curtain. I took the curtain and cut it for the width such that it fit behind the front seats between the dining table and the couch. The excess material I sewed to the bottom of the section. This provided a full floor to ceiling curtain without the hassle required to set the curtain across the two doors and the window. I then sewed new Velcro across the top of the curtain where needed
I used the "Velcro" buttons from the windshield area and reused on the back of the bunk to hold the curtain in place.
this is great for overnight, in and out. Plenty of privacy easy to setup and then fold into a small package to stow.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:43 PM   #18

Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
We have a 2016 Outlaw 29 H.
Came with winshield curtain, and one to cover the upper bunk from ceiling to bottom of the bunk, but not one to keep the cab area separated like you ask about.

We do, however, have a rear view mirror attached on the center of the windshield.
Why is that?
You can barely see what is in the coach looking in it, do to the light difference, from the inside unlit coach to the daylight brightness out the window, while driving.

Since navigation is not installed, we were thinking about incorporating the mirror's bracket into holding the Garmin GPS unit.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:35 PM   #19

THOR #13931
The manufacturer delivers the chassis to the camper builder as is. it could have been delivered to a customer who used it as a flat bed truck. easier to just leave it on. GPS mount sounds like a great idea.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:40 PM   #20

State: Virginia
THOR #8138
I have a 17 Thor Four Winds 26 B. it didn't come with either the windshield curtain or the curtain that separates the cab from the house. I've been looking for almost two years for any kind of information on where or how to find one or both of these.