Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2018, 08:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Texas
THOR #1403
Cabinet Veneer

Looking for information on replacing cabinetry molding. Looking for correct veneer color to replace damaged parts.

We had to remove the refrigerator to get to a leak in the plumbing piping underneath. Since the cabinetry is all premade and installed by Thor in modules with no walls on the MH, all the screws on the cabinetry are on the inside so making it very difficult for service on any appliance.

Was best bet and cheaper to DIY and have a good plumber as well as carpenter helping but now need to match the cabinet veneer color

So on our Thor Challenger the cabinetry is said to be "Olympic Cherry", darker than most cherry veneers so need to try and get exact match to what Thor uses.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:44 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I was in a similar situation: I had to replace a panel in our bathroom on our Axis.

Since I didn't have to have it ready until this spring I had time to try different things. In the end I found a local cabinetry shop and gave them a sample:
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-10 15.54.23.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	8792
The top item is the new panel, the bottom is the reference panel the cabinet place was trying to match. (In my instance the replacement panel goes on the backside of the reference panel.)

Now that I have it installed, you can hardly tell the difference between it and the rest of the RV.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:00 PM   #3

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Texas
THOR #1403
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
I was in a similar situation: I had to replace a panel in our bathroom on our Axis.

Since I didn't have to have it ready until this spring I had time to try different things. In the end I found a local cabinetry shop and gave them a sample:
Attachment 8792
The top item is the new panel, the bottom is the reference panel the cabinet place was trying to match. (In my instance the replacement panel goes on the backside of the reference panel.)

Now that I have it installed, you can hardly tell the difference between it and the rest of the RV.
Thank for the response. I am also looking to find a match with stain for the molding rather than have to deal with the veneer.

As full timers we find needs most other RV'ers don't. Our next project will be to remove the W&D as not only does it need to be serviced but I want to deal with the issue of lint build up as we use to in the House so again no easy access. Something to give more thought to if there is a next time in buying a Motor Home