Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chanteau
State: Arizona
THOR #12515
Camp stove

Looking for a camp stove with at least two burners NOT a grill that will plug into the the RV onboard LP connection

Old 03-13-2019, 04:23 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Something like this?

https://www.campingworld.com/hyper-f...ove-84370.html
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:30 PM   #3

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I bought this and love it. I've used it for a couple years now on the boat and with the camper...light weight, folds away nicely and cooks great.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Insta...85265817&psc=1
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:16 PM   #4

Model: 2018 Compass 23TR
State: Michigan
THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeroe66 View Post
Looking for a camp stove with at least two burners NOT a grill that will plug into the the RV onboard LP connection
Interested in seeing what you come up with. Both of the stoves listed in the above posts are intended to run off of the 1 pound propane bottles.

I have a Camp Chef 2 burner propane stove, and also wanted to be able to plug it into the quick connect on my RV, so I wouldn't have to drag along those 1 pound propane bottles. I could not find a commercial hose that had the correct attachment for my stove. Following the advice on another thread, I took the stove-to-propane bottle connector to my local bulk propane supplier, to see if they could make a connecting hose for me. The answer I got was that they could NOT, because (apparently unlike RV GRILLS), these stoves require high pressure propane. Simply eliminating the regulator on the stove-to-propane bottle connector would not work, or at least that is what I was told.

I'll be watching this thread closely to see if anyone else has found a solution or work-around.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:55 PM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
I don't use the quick disconnect on the MH. I carry a separate 20# bottle that runs my Napoleon Grill. I also use the converter hose that allows my 20# bottle to connect to the "green can threaded socket" on the stove top. I installed a dual outlet valve on the 20# bottle allowing me to run the stove top AND/OR the grill at the same time. It gives me the freedom to use them away from the camper, as in lakeside, under pergolas, etc. Lots of options. I also have the Extend-A-Stay valve installed on the built-in LP tank of the MH so I can use the 20# bottle in the event the MH tank runs out or gets real low. For once in our life...its nice to have "gas". Any device that requires the 1# green bottles can also be used with a normal 20# or 30# LP tank with a special adapter hose available anywhere like Lowe's, etc.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:05 AM   #6

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
In my opinion the best, most reliable camp stove anywhere. We use these stoves on our rafting trips. Have not found anything else that compares.

https://partnersteel.com/cook-partner

If you remove the regulator on the hose and ad a quick connect it should work very well from your low pressure supply.

Mike
Old 03-15-2019, 09:28 PM   #7

Brand: Cruiser
State: Illinois
THOR #14704
I had a campchef 2 burner for years, and loved it! I have now upgraded to a 3 burner. I have the 2 burner to my brother because it still works like the day I bought it. I cook with allot of cast iron so this stove suits me very well. Take a look at how you like to cook, and that will show you what type of stove suits you.

Wayne
Old 03-15-2019, 09:52 PM   #8

THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynedog74 View Post
I had a campchef 2 burner for years, and loved it! I have now upgraded to a 3 burner. I have the 2 burner to my brother because it still works like the day I bought it. I cook with allot of cast iron so this stove suits me very well. Take a look at how you like to cook, and that will show you what type of stove suits you.

Wayne
Wayne, do you plug it into your RV LP source? Or run it off of a portable propane tank? OP was looking for a way to plug a stove into the RV quick connect, I think...
Old 03-16-2019, 12:48 AM   #9

THOR #14704
I carry a 20lb in the truck for my stove. You cannot connect this stove off of your camper due to pressure difference. And sounded like the OP didn't want one to hook of of the camper.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:33 AM   #10

THOR #11426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynedog74 View Post
I carry a 20lb in the truck for my stove. You cannot connect this stove off of your camper due to pressure difference. And sounded like the OP didn't want one to hook of of the camper.
Just read the OP again, and I think you are right! I totally misread it! My apologies to all
Old 03-16-2019, 08:41 AM   #11

THOR #14704
[emoji106]
Old 03-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #12

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Texas
THOR #12635
have you looked at something like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-E...gateway&sr=8-7

I have a similar burner, you can replace the line to the propane tank with one that has a quick disconnect and run it off the Exterior LP Connection on your RV.
Good Sam Member 855452801
Sk8nmike is offline   Reply With Quote