Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2018, 11:34 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
I realize Florida and Texas have almost nothing in common, except being in the south. I bought my RV at LaMesa and was told to '...understand, it's the state and you should give it 45-90 days". May or may not apply to your situation.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:33 PM   #22

State: Maryland
THOR #9321
Camping World

Camping World Service in Manassas, Va is HORRIBLE. We would never buy anything else from them. We traded in our 2016 Hurricane on a Challenger from another dealer because they did not have anyone that knew how to fix even the simpliest things. They had our unit more than we did for warranty work and gave it back to us saying it was fixed and they hadn't touched anything.
Old 07-21-2018, 06:48 PM   #23

State: South Carolina
THOR #7629
We have had more damage done when repairs were being made than they fixed. We had a small wall that the wood warped and they had to rebuild it. They put 5 dents in the refrigerator and on the opposite they damaged the woodwork. Must have done it when they brought the wood in. There were small chips of wood on the floor. They didn’t fix it right so the bathroom door wouldn’t close properly so when getting in or out of the shower you would be in clear view of anybody in the coach and anyone that could see in. They said there wasn’t anything they could do. I got on the phone and called Thor and they fixed it but it still isn’t right. Other things they said they replaced but didn’t because I put a small mark on them before I took it in. Had to take it somewhere else.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:47 PM   #24

Model: Ace 30.2
THOR #11238
Bet some one could make a bundle if they were to open a repair shop and get certified by the manufacturer for warranty work.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:50 PM   #25

THOR #11238
Bet some one would make a bundle if they open a certified repair shop and handle warranty work no RV sales.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:59 PM   #26

Model: ACE 27.2
State: Colorado
THOR #11875
Getting plates. Well in CO, all you need is the bill of sale (if new...and the old title if not new) a certified VIn inspection, and then you can get a temp plate while the DMV does the paperwork.

But if the dlr didn't give you a bill of sale (WHY NOT?) or the prior owners title, then you're screwed. you MAY be able to still get a temp permit, providing you can prove you did purchase it. That Bill of Sale again.

As for CW. my only experience is when I was looking, I stopped in at CW, and he asked what my budget was and I told them $60 or less, and he said I'll be right back....well some 10 min later he came back with some keys and showed us an OLDER Class A that he'd "let go out the door for $60K.". Way overpriced for its age.

When we (wife and I) hedged, he started putting pressure on, like that coach has a couple of other interested parties, and I better act on it if I want it.
NOPE.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:23 PM   #27

Brand: Keystone
Model: Cougar 30 RLS 5th wheel
State: Colorado
THOR #2204
I bought my last MH in Texas because of the price compared to here in
Colorado, almost $20K difference.

There were a few mistakes with the paperwork for tags, but they got it
straightened out.

For warranty service in Colorado, CW is the only option for a Thor product.

I make friends with the service manager and he told me I will take care
of those who purchased from us first, you second. But they did the
warranty work I needed in reasonable time.

But there are always problems with getting paperwork processed in any
sale. We won the bid on a 2018 Keystone Cougar 5th wheel (6 month
old) that Bank of America had gotten as a owner release (guy was getting
a divorce) and we are three months into this waiting for them to get a
clear title to sell it to us. But I have not put out any $$$ yet.

I've heard of homes that go to auction taking 6 plus months to get title?
I like to wander and I'm not lost!
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:06 AM   #28

Model: AXIS 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #12349
one of the worst RV centers i have found. took my 5th wheel in for a new furnace and they quoted me a price but once they got it in there shop the price went up over 500 dollars for the install. then when they moved it they dropped it so hard they jammed the front leveling jacks. they would not take any responsibility i had to buy new ones. i had them clean the interior and when i got it it was filthy, dirty sinks, floor, toilet, and outside, that was another 200.00 shot. once they quote you a price get it in writing that might help? i have also used other RV service centers and have always had bad luck in them cleaning things correctly? it is usually a third party that does the work and it is never done properly, that has been my experience anyway. i did find there work OK but at a great cost.
mike
Old 07-22-2018, 12:27 AM   #29

Model: 29.2 ACE
State: California
THOR #11409
Interesting comments I have read alot of unhappy people with CW.
We didn't buy are RV from CW, however we have had many repairs completed by them with no problem.
Some under warranty and others out of pocket.
They replaced the slide awning.
Completely rebuilt all the slide mechanism, replaced motors, ribbon gears (great job ) slide works better than when we bought it.
Now this maybe because the outlet I go to is a CW service center only. This outlet doesn't sell RV'S only provide service.
Most parts appear to take about two weeks to arrive so I usually allow for one visit to perform diagnostic and two weeks for part order, and one day for repairs to be completed depending on the work at hand.
Some small items they perform the same day, best to plan on the 2 weeks and you won't be disappointed.
I see alot of these negative comments however I rarely see any better recommendations. Maybe most expect things to quickly.
I see many negative reviews people post about these great rv companies as well on their web sites, I guess it's a crapshoot.

Good luck in your ventures and safe travel
Old 07-22-2018, 12:33 AM   #30

Model: 30.2
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #471
Camping World,s service

I have purchased 3 RVs from Camping World. My years with them have taught me to fix what I can and plan on waiting for warranty repair. I will say, when I had a problem while traveling, CW has been great. Recently CW in Savannah, Ga and Harrisburg, Pa could not have been better in helping a traveler in distress. CW in Jacksonville, FL also fixed a minor problem while in transit within 45 minutes. CW is everywhere and have the best stores across the country. While traveling they are great, scheduling warranty work or regular repair work. . . . Good luck.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:19 AM   #31

State: North Carolina
THOR #5391
I have purchased my last 3 at CW in Myrtle Beach. Prices and service, both warranty and out of pocket, are great. I have found parts on warranty items take longer as they will not use parts in stock. If I was going to use it they would often fix while I wait. Other times see what was needed and I'd take it home until parts arrived. Scott in the body shop has a great crew as well.

Edgewater 205 EXP
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:25 AM   #32

State: Michigan
THOR #10430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Does anyone have anything good to say about them? I'm having trouble getting them to process the paperwork to get my license plates for our new motorhome. It has been over 60 days and no plates. Is there service work any better? Should I be looking for another dealer to do warranty work?
I bought from camping world of northern Michigan
In Houghton lake and I can't say anything but good things about them. I've had nothing but a great experience with them . Everything they promised to do they did,from the sale to any warranty work. They were and still are doing what they say they will. You just have a poor dealer.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:41 AM   #33

Brand: Still Looking
State: Michigan
THOR #3954
Camping World

I’ve also had very good service from Houghton Lake CW. The service staff is personable and professional. Their body shop work is excellent (fixed a run-in with a guard rail on a tight turn). They’ve gone to the mat on warranty issues with Thor, and keep good communications and follow-up.
Didn’t buy our rig there, but would not hesitate to do business with them. [emoji1303]
Old 07-22-2018, 06:17 AM   #34

Model: 2018 Challenger 37 YT
State: Kentucky
THOR #8995
CW

Like their store, but will never buy another new RV there again. After the sale, good buy Charlie. Their service departments have extreme bad reputations. Every day we travel I hear of CW service complains. Even store is becoming a pain. Tried to return a item and store refused to take it back because it was purchased online. Was given a number to call for catalog returns. This person was not nice and when I took it to the post office for shipping...Surprise...Surprise. The address was bogus and the post office guy laughed at me.
Finally, called a different number for the return and CW employee was a jackass. He told I had to take it back to the store (150 miles away) and make them take it back. Wife said screw CW, we will just give it away rather than deal with the jerks.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:39 AM   #35

State: Alaska
THOR #8813
My local CW has done some warranty work with no problems. Problem is usually Thor arguing about how long it should take and Thor taking awhile to send the parts.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:49 PM   #36

THOR #5535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Does anyone have anything good to say about them? I'm having trouble getting them to process the paperwork to get my license plates for our new motorhome. It has been over 60 days and no plates. Is there service work any better? Should I be looking for another dealer to do warranty work?

If they know that you support president Trump they do not want your business.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #37

THOR #11238
Yep I think that's what Marcus said from The Profit
Old 07-22-2018, 04:05 PM   #38

Model: 29.2 ACE
State: California
THOR #11409
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasvee View Post
If they know that you support president Trump they do not want your business.
Maybe that's just the location.
Anyone in business shouldn't care one way are another about your political views only the lord almighty Dollar , green back, dinero.
Even if the economy is doing better under the current president and they reap the financial gain.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #39

THOR #11238
I agree politics should not be part of business but unfortunately it appears that it is at many places guess we need to let restaurants know that so they don't keep badgering customers that supports Trump
Old 07-22-2018, 05:18 PM   #40

State: North Carolina
THOR #5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEroad View Post
Like their store, but will never buy another new RV there again. After the sale, good buy Charlie. Their service departments have extreme bad reputations. Every day we travel I hear of CW service complains. Even store is becoming a pain. Tried to return a item and store refused to take it back because it was purchased online. Was given a number to call for catalog returns. This person was not nice and when I took it to the post office for shipping...Surprise...Surprise. The address was bogus and the post office guy laughed at me.
Finally, called a different number for the return and CW employee was a jackass. He told I had to take it back to the store (150 miles away) and make them take it back. Wife said screw CW, we will just give it away rather than deal with the jerks.
I've returned 2 items bought online at different times and never had a problem at the store. The receipt dated within 30 days and it is done.

Edgewater 205 EXP
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote