Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2018, 11:33 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy SP24
State: New York
THOR #11543
Camping World-Hanover,PA

Camping World has had a bad rap for some time both in terms of sales as well as service. That said, I can only speak of this specific location. I traded-in a Class C for a Class A and the sales rep was eager to make a sale, which he did. Scott Geesey was prompt, responsive and willing to listen to my specific needs and requests. He interacted with the General Manager, Robert Yeager, who is in my opinion, the epitome of customer service. Robert and Scott solidified a transaction that I think was fair. They included some extra features that made the transaction, a win-win situation.

Six months later, I had some warranty work performed and Bob Ripley, Service Advisor, meticulously ensured that all of the work was completed in time. Most RV dealers are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to warranty. Bob Ripley and again, Robert Yeager, ensured that all of the work was covered under warranty.

There was a rather difficult specific warranty issue and they had Jason, a senior technician with close to 15 years’ experiences with this dealer, complete the work. The work was completed and satisfaction was the end result. They have a service technician, Jan, who is amazing. He displays such passion for his work, treats you like you are the only customer and completed a fantastic electrical system installation. There was damage to a decal that was caused by me and when Bethany, working with the Service Team, saw that, she worked diligently and conscientiously to repair it at no cost to me. This could have been a rather expensive decal replacement if not for her desire and skill.

A week after the work was completed, an unexpected additional warranty issue became apparent and a discussion was engendered among me, the manufacturer and the dealer. Camping World Hanover stood firm in providing customer-oriented concern and scheduled the repair work immediately.

The store personnel are knowledgeable and one in particular, went to great lengths to demonstrate a foldable bicycle features and benefits.

The General Manager, Robert Yeager is a hands-on, multifaceted and qualified person who treats his team like professionals and they in turn, treat their customers like a customer should be. They have turned this customer into a client! Next time, try a visit to THIS Camping World in Hanover, PA, and you will be surprised-in a good way.

Old 05-07-2018, 04:39 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Thanks for letting us know about the Good Dealerships.
Kingston, NY Camping World has turned out to be a "stinker", so we're looking for a new dealership...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:15 PM   #3

Model: Palazzo 35.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #2831
I too experienced tremendous service at the Hanover CW. Two years ago a family emergency forced me to drive our Palazzo back north from Florida to Maryland. CW Hanover re-winterized my coach, and did it in about an hour and a half, though I had no appointment. Would go to them again if I had to.
BlueOx tow system
bandorr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:39 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Proof once again that "your results will vary!" Always nice to hear about an exceptional dealer.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:42 AM   #5

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Gotta agree - nice to hear good stories about good dealers!! Especially CW!
Old 05-08-2018, 12:55 AM   #6

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Maryland
THOR #3227
With all the negatives posted it is good to see someone post a positive about CW. Hanover is within distance for me so even though a stretch I may try them when ready to trade up.
2013 Chrysler 300 "S", 1936 Chrysler C-8
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition
Brakeman48 is offline   Reply With Quote