Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Camping World Service

Does anyone have experiences, positive or negative, with Camping World service and installation in the Indianapolis, Richmond, IN or Bowling Green, KY shops?

I live in southern Indiana and can go to any of the three.

Any other shop suggestions?

I am considering having them install a tow bar and braking system and want to take it to the right place.

Phil

Old 03-09-2016, 05:55 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
I flew across the country and purchased my motorhome from a CW in Georgia simply because they had a great price, and I would gladly recommend the retail store for last minute overpriced RV supplies/products/components/appliances that you must have immediately.

However, I would never take my motorhome to any CW for any type of service or installation. Just far too many negative reviews from too many people from every single location across the nation.

Check out Yelp reviews for the location you intend to visit. That should give you an indication of the location.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:06 PM   #3

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
There is a site that reviews all the repair sites here.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:00 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
Does anyone have experiences, positive or negative, with Camping World service and installation in the Indianapolis, Richmond, IN or Bowling Green, KY shops?

I live in southern Indiana and can go to any of the three.

Any other shop suggestions?

I am considering having them install a tow bar and braking system and want to take it to the right place.

Phil
Try looking for another type of shop that does hitch installations. Also, pick the manufacturer of the tow bar and call their customer service and ask for suggested installers in your area.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #5

Model: Tuscany 34ST
State: Oregon
THOR #1149
Camping World Service

I did not use them, but I did get an estimate to install a Winegard satellite system. Then I had a local high quality rv repair outfit which advertised that they would match any competitor's price do the work.
The Camping World price was very good to me. Although they still grumble about it, the rv repair outfit gets my continuing business.

Steve
Old 03-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Thanks for all your posts and I will continue to read them.

Any CW is at least 100 miles one way from my house. Travel costs and time have to be considered also. I have s couple of quality shops nearby and will use one of them. That may be better also if I need any adjustments or repair work on the system later.

Being in business for many years I learned that cost is not the primary reason to select a product or service, quality and convenience is more important in the long run.

Phil