Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Outdoor TV pulls out on its mount. I pulled it out and drilled a 3/4" hole in bottom of the wooden cabinet outdoor TV is mounted in, for the HDMI cable. Dropped cable down in hole. Removed the 2 large kitchen cabinet drawers under gas stove in kitchen to get to dropped down HDMI cable. This area is also where the outdoor TV is plugged in for power. From there, I extended the cable up thru the wire chase behind the tall kitchen cabinet (pantry) on right side of our gas stove. Then ran HDMI cable behind the microwave (lots of wires in there) and over to the cabinet above kitchen sink, where my DVD player and other TV related equipment, antenna power booster, etc, is located. Microwave is easily removed, once the 6 screws that hold it in are removed and much easier with an extra pair of hands. Depending on the model of your RV, you may need a 10 to 12 ft. HDMI cable for this.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:37 PM   #22

Brand: Still Looking
Model: View
State: Nevada
THOR #7987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Welcome to the forum. You need to change your bio, you are no longer looking!

You can get TV manuals online, the Suckee TVs that came with the coach have been widely discussed here. They have no QAM tuner, so they don't work with the cable systems in some parks. Others, no problem.

When you turn on the antenna booster in the cabinet over the sink, it messes up the cable reception for all the TVs. The booster is necessary for antenna signal.

Your firestick will work with just one TV, same with a DVD player.

Ed Felker's excellent crowd-sourced manual for Axis/Vegas is a valuable resource you can download free! Here is the link: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYx6DLSeiiP53x246awlGrg8B-I
Has Anyone tried the external QAM tuners? If so, do they seem to fix the problem of being unable to get cable in parks on the "Suckee" Seiki TV's that came with our RV? I have not been able to get cable in any park that I have tried to get it, except for a state park in Arizona that had rental boxes that decoded the signal. Granted, I don't always try, because I don't necessarily try to get TV unless the weather is terrible, but when I have tried, I have been unsuccessful. By the way, apparently Thor is not alone in this issue, our friends have a Jayco motorhome with the same issue.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:51 PM   #23

State: Ohio
THOR #4116
If this like ours, there is a button inside the kitchen cabinet, top shelf, right side, way in the back that controls the antenna and cable. Push the button and a light will come on.
Old 12-22-2018, 07:55 PM   #24

State: Ohio
THOR #4116
If its like ours, in the storage unit, located in front of the back wheel, on the passenger side, on the left side of the storage unit, there is a unit for an HDMI cable or RCA cables. You will probably have to get down on your knees to see if cause you can't see anything just by looking in the storage unit. Hope this helps.

Tags
axis 24.1 tv, axis multimedia, axis wifi