Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2022, 05:57 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
WOW, i just got your email

As i said, i had very good results with Carefree, they were very receptive to my needs and actually steered me in the right direction prior to buying the wrong RV awning cover.

Sorry, hope it wasnt me you got upset with....

TC

Old 01-24-2022, 05:57 PM   #22

Model: Vegas
State: Tennessee
THOR #15946
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Now wait.
You said awning
I post a link with three day delivery
I had to pump to find out it's not really an awning you need.

I have to pump you to find out it's really parts.
You won't post part numbers for whatever the excuse was,
and
I have to pump you for part nunbers.

I post the part at $47 with three day delivery.

You say no, I've bought the others.
I have to tell you how a purchase works.

I save You hundredsof dollars
I save You maybe months of waiting.
I walk walk through it all.
I have to construct a question string like one for a 9 year old.

You wont order the parts with the three day,delivery and would rather wait 10 more days just to know if the ones you haven't purchased yet will be available.?

Yup.

You're too smart for me to be anything but the bad guy.

Do you wonder to yourself why not a single soul of the 100,000 members here did not bother to guide you, but me?
It's because they read something into your post I should have.

Don't leave the forum.
Tune up a bit,
Use the ignore function.
I will.
You did a lot of stuff I didn't ask for. I simply wanted to know about Carefree because AGAIN..... I have already placed the order (right or wrong). I don't want to purchase from amazon or another vender. I have already ordered from Carefree. I didn't want a discount or all the other stuff you took on yourself to find. Mr. Ducksface have you recently ordered form Carefree? Doesn't sound like it. Sounds like you just want to hound a Jr. member and you've done a fine job. I'll go take my chances in a Facebook group.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:01 PM   #23

THOR #15946
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
WOW, i just got your email

As i said, i had very good results with Carefree, they were very receptive to my needs and actually steered me in the right direction prior to buying the wrong RV awning cover.

Sorry, hope it wasnt me you got upset with....

TC
Not at all. I just recently got ahold of them as well. They are waiting on one part to fill my order and I should know something within 10 days. I was trying to contact them around the holiday so perhaps that was part of the issue. I know everyone is behind I just wanted to know that my order would possible get fulfilled one day is all. Usually a confirmation email is a automated thing and I never got one so I was concerned I was waiting on a order that never happened. Your response was exactly the input I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:05 PM   #24

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Toler View Post
You did a lot of stuff I didn't ask for. I simply wanted to know about Carefree because AGAIN..... I have already placed the order (right or wrong). I don't want to purchase from amazon or another vender. I have already ordered from Carefree. I didn't want a discount or all the other stuff you took on yourself to find. Mr. Ducksface have you recently ordered form Carefree? Doesn't sound like it. Sounds like you just want to hound a Jr. member and you've done a fine job. I'll go take my chances in a Facebook group.
Please do.
Ignore any helping hand presented.
If I misconstrued by being helpful what's the reasoning for leaving?
I, me, myself, was too helpful?

Use the ignore feature(I'll walk you through its use) and take an adult stance by staying here and hoping your post here hasn't tainted anyone else who goes above and beyond.
Or
You'll do the nose/face spite thing due to someone going above and beyond for you.
Your face, your nose.

You're being childminded.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 06:32 PM   #25

THOR #15946
Quote:
Please do.
Ignore any helping hand presented.
If I misconstrued by being helpful what's the reasoning for leaving?
I, me, myself, was too helpful?

Use the ignore feature(I'll walk you through its use) and take an adult stance by staying here and hoping your post here hasn't tainted anyone else who goes above and beyond.
Or
You'll do the nose/face spite thing due to someone going above and beyond for you.
Your face, your nose.

You're being childminded.
Helpful? If my goal was to do anything BUT buy from the vender that makes my awning to save some money, and I was willing to buy used parts, perhaps even in a damaged box you sir would be my knight in shinning armor. I will give you that but you still have yet to answer the only question I asked and you won't because you clearly haven't bought from Carefree recently. Your just going to keep going but I'm the childish one.

I am actually having trouble finding that ignore feature hahaha sorry AGAIN I'm new here and have never had to ignore anyone.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:43 PM   #26

THOR #13932
Ignore list instructions.

'User cp' button in the upper left corner of your screen.
Hit it.
Scroll down the column on your left, just over half way.
'Edit ignore list' button is the last button under the green 'setting and options' banner.
Hit it.
Insert user name in the correct field
Hit 'save changes' button.

Old 01-24-2022, 07:26 PM   #27

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
Very cool Mr. Ducksface, 100,000 users have just put you on the ignore list....
Old 01-24-2022, 07:32 PM   #28

THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by txc2936@yahoo.com View Post
Very cool Mr. Ducksface, 100,000 users have just put you on the ignore list....
That doubled my numbers!
Do I win something?

Old 01-24-2022, 08:03 PM   #29
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Any of you guys order from Carefreeofcolorado.com lately? I ordered an awning like 50 years ago and haven't seen it. Getting ahold of them seems to be a task and nothing back from customer support. I have a order number and everything I just can't get any communication from them. Any else experiencing this?
Quote:
I did. Took me forever too. She said my order number was good and they will ship soon. That was like 5 weeks ago. They have yet to pull the funds from my card though so that's a plus. Just need the parts at this point.
Quote:
I have not contacted them in several weeks. I made the order on Nov 22nd. I didn't really know the best plan of action. I made a post on here and people said I could order direct from them. Went to the site and placed the order. I didn't really want to replace the entire awning with a different brand because all I need were some brackets. Its a slide out awning by the way. Just curious if anyone else was having a issues with receiving product at all.
Quote:
Did actually just get a hold of them. Only took about 30 minutes this time. She said they are waiting on one order and would up date me in about 10 days. So here's hoping haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Seems there really isn't any problem with getting hold of them. Except for the long order fulfillment time I don't see ant issue. Long order times seem to be everywhere these days.
Quote:
Well guys I apologize for wasting everyone's time I guess. I thought you would cut me a break being I clearly stated I'm new at this. A few guys sent me to Carefree. I tried shopping around but again didn't really find anything due to my lack of experience. I placed the order and I still have yet to even get a confirmation email which concerned me. I called them and emailed them 4 times over 8 weeks. They say my order number is good blah blah but still no confirmation or ETA. I'm not in a rush just doesn't seem like a common situation when ordering parts from a company regardless of the current market. I ask if anyone has experienced this and just get told I should of ordered somewhere else? Wow some of you guys are rude as fuck! I'll get off your site Mr. Ducksface. Hopefully one day I'll be as wise as you.
So you started this thread to see if anybody was having the same experience as you with ordering an "awning" from Carefree "50 years ago"? But you really ordered awning parts 5 weeks ago.

You were helped with contacting them, (because your main complaint was lack of communication from them) actually got hold of then pretty quickly, was given the status of your order and when to check back. So, no, no one else had trouble picking up the phone and calling them.

You were helped with defining what you really needed (in this thread) and provided alternative sources for those parts at less cost and shorter lead times should you decide to not wait and cancel your order with Carefree.

Now a week short of when you were supposed to get updated by Carefree on your order status you come back to this thread to summarize your complaints with Carefree and complain about the assistance you received here because it was above and beyond your initial question with fabricated facts.

Apparently, your are not grateful for the Forum's members help and are not happy unless you are unhappy.

Sorry you fell that way and I hope you have your expected experiences in the future.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:34 AM   #30
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
I know you did not ask for it, but perhaps an explanation on why I do not order directly from a manufacture. If you do, they only may carry parts that are asked for often. If they have to order the part from a factory, it does not get ordered until the factory stock is low. That happens when it happens. The factory then puts the part that were ordered, which may be in the tnes of thousands, in the first come first served manufactured list. Then when it is filled, it is shipped. Well we know about the delays in shipping right now. So Ducksface was showing you how you should have placed the order as to not have to wait without knowing just how long it will take to get them.

I was an electrical engineer and at times was quoted eighteen months or longer for a part. If I could not locate stock at approved suppliers, I had to redesign. I understand too well just why it takes a long time to get parts from a manufacture.
Old 01-25-2022, 01:19 PM   #31

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
When I need parts, for car, mower, rv, or whatever, the first place I look is EBay. Second Amazon. Then google the brand and part number. Usually several dealers come up. I’ve honestly never had a problem finding and buying a part. Right now I’m replacing the coil and wire on my 1992 cub cadet 27 hp motor. 80 bucks from cub cadet. $9 on EBay. One YouTube video and a stay at Holiday Inn Express and bingo! It’s alive!
Old 01-25-2022, 01:25 PM   #32

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
That doubled my numbers!
Do I win something?
Yes, you win! Maybe Scuba will share some cognac. Sounds as though he’s coming your way. BTW - some folks just haven’t quite become used to your style. But, I for one am going to look you up when in Arizona.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:19 PM   #33

State: Kentucky
THOR #9444
They promised to send me an idler cover back in November, under warranty, and the order had a "promised ship date" of Nov. 17. Having received nothing by early January, I called, and was told the part was on "back order" and may not ship for 4 more weeks.

At the same time, the part was available on amazon with same day free shipping from three different RV parts sellers. The price on Amazon is less than 1/2 the price they sell it for with shipping cost, and the manufacturing source named on Amazon is, you guessed it, Carefree of Colorado.

Carefree makes great awnings, but they absolutely will bullshit you.
BTW, the "four weeks" turned into 5 days, once I complained.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:45 PM   #34

Model: 4-Winds 28F
State: Kansas
THOR #4709
Smile

I've called Carefree for help more than once & had a delightful person to talk to, if memory serves, her name was Julie. At my ripe old age of 87 am still plugging along. I want to tell everyone that of ALL the companies I've dealt with and all the purchases I've had problems with, Carefree rates top in my book for being congenial. Give them the benefit of ALL companies having trouble getting parts and supplies, they don't make 'em so something wrong if factories in other countries aren't delivering. Play nice, boys, Great Grammy here says so!
Old 02-03-2022, 08:21 PM   #35

THOR #15946
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
So you started this thread to see if anybody was having the same experience as you with ordering an "awning" from Carefree "50 years ago"? But you really ordered awning parts 5 weeks ago.

You were helped with contacting them, (because your main complaint was lack of communication from them) actually got hold of then pretty quickly, was given the status of your order and when to check back. So, no, no one else had trouble picking up the phone and calling them.

You were helped with defining what you really needed (in this thread) and provided alternative sources for those parts at less cost and shorter lead times should you decide to not wait and cancel your order with Carefree.

Now a week short of when you were supposed to get updated by Carefree on your order status you come back to this thread to summarize your complaints with Carefree and complain about the assistance you received here because it was above and beyond your initial question with fabricated facts.

Apparently, your are not grateful for the Forum's members help and are not happy unless you are unhappy.

Sorry you fell that way and I hope you have your expected experiences in the future.
The 50 year thing was a joke. Clearly a bad one. Ducksface wasn't wrong he just wasn't interested in answering any of my actual questions he just wanted to tell me what I should have done. Its 2022 and I'm getting really sick of that. I just wanted to know people experiences with the company. If that changes I'll let you know. Thanks for your follow up though it was very helpful.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:55 PM   #36

THOR #15946
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgarrett View Post
They promised to send me an idler cover back in November, under warranty, and the order had a "promised ship date" of Nov. 17. Having received nothing by early January, I called, and was told the part was on "back order" and may not ship for 4 more weeks.

At the same time, the part was available on amazon with same day free shipping from three different RV parts sellers. The price on Amazon is less than 1/2 the price they sell it for with shipping cost, and the manufacturing source named on Amazon is, you guessed it, Carefree of Colorado.

Carefree makes great awnings, but they absolutely will bullshit you.
BTW, the "four weeks" turned into 5 days, once I complained.
Good to know. I really don't want to say much more on here but I appreciate your info. I'm about to call them and see if I can get another update. Luckily I'm not in much of a rush being I'm working on some other mods on the RV just mainly want to make sure the parts will get here is all.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:59 PM   #37

THOR #15946
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBird View Post
I've called Carefree for help more than once & had a delightful person to talk to, if memory serves, her name was Julie. At my ripe old age of 87 am still plugging along. I want to tell everyone that of ALL the companies I've dealt with and all the purchases I've had problems with, Carefree rates top in my book for being congenial. Give them the benefit of ALL companies having trouble getting parts and supplies, they don't make 'em so something wrong if factories in other countries aren't delivering. Play nice, boys, Great Grammy here says so!
haha thank you! When I have talked to someone there they have been very kind I will give them that. I deal with a lot of part orders for a living so I'm well aware of the shortages and long lead times. I'm happy to keep waiting for the right parts. Thanks for your input and I promise I'll straighten up on here.