Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2017, 03:40 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #7880
Challenger Owners Unite?

I was reading many pages of a thread called Challenger Owners Unite and when I got to page 8, my computer's Adult Blocker kept me from going any further. Now I can't find it. The thread author had purchased a new 2013 Thor Challenger in 2013. I purchased mine three years later and hoped to get a lot of information from his posts. Can someone put me on the right track....please.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:22 AM   #2

State: Illinois
THOR #5321
The thread I think you are talking about is in a different forum. Look under: irv2.com Then look under: Thor industries owner forum. Then look under: Thor Challenger owners unite
Old 06-16-2017, 01:32 PM   #3

THOR #7880
Thank you Double R. I use so many different websites, I can't keep track. I suppose it's all part of getting "older".
Old 06-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #4

THOR #5321
What model of Challenger do you have? I have a 2015 KT. All these forums have helped me very much. There was so very much to learn in the beginning. You are welcome glad to help.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #5

THOR #7880
I have a 2013 Challenger 37DT. I;ve had it for about 14 months. I used to think I was pretty good at troubleshooting almost anything, except this RV. After watching a video put out by Thor showing how they build these beasts, I can see how difficult they have made it to troubleshoot anything that goes wrong. Right now, I'm trying to figure out why the electric step doesn't come down. I suspected a fuse so I contacted Thor. They told me the fuse was in the fusebox on the side of the bed. No fuse there for a step. I also have a slideout that won't move. Where does one begin to look with everything all sealed up. Have you had these kinds of issues and have you been more successful than I have been?
Old 06-17-2017, 12:39 AM   #6

THOR #5321
If both the door step and the slide went out at the same time they maybe be on the same circuit. Find that fuse or breaker. If not and your slides are Schwintek Slides which most are accept for the full wall cable slides, there should be a white box in the storage area below the slide. The box should display a error code number telling you the problem. The box should be on the ceiling or wall.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:50 AM   #7

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 30.1
THOR #5641
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORAZZI View Post
I have a 2013 Challenger 37DT. I;ve had it for about 14 months. I used to think I was pretty good at troubleshooting almost anything, except this RV. After watching a video put out by Thor showing how they build these beasts, I can see how difficult they have made it to troubleshoot anything that goes wrong. Right now, I'm trying to figure out why the electric step doesn't come down. I suspected a fuse so I contacted Thor. They told me the fuse was in the fusebox on the side of the bed. No fuse there for a step. I also have a slideout that won't move. Where does one begin to look with everything all sealed up. Have you had these kinds of issues and have you been more successful than I have been?
I don't have the Challenger, but when I had trouble with my steps it turned out that my fuse was just behind the front grill. It's one of those yellow fuses (I think it's yellow, my MH is in the shop right now)