Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-25-2016, 05:58 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
Miramar 34.3 slide issues

Got the RV back a couple weeks ago. Dealer seemed to retrofit the slide with the 3TRax system OK. The system does come as a kit (motor and tracks come in one box).

After one week, we drove RV home and found that the front of the superslide is now kicking out about 2 inches while driving. Seems like the motor brake is not keeping the slide in tight..... Ughhhhhhhhhhh. I am the laughing stock at work.....

I thought it was odd that these slides didn't come with slide locks? What a mess we have found ourselves in.... I'm also now seeing that we are getting a motor malfunction light (front motor circuit fault).

The good news is that I can get the slide all the way back in with generator on - but not liking this from such a new RV. And not sure I want anyone sitting in a slide that is popping out! I was contacted by someone today asking lots of questions about Thor superslide issues. Seems like there are lots of people out there with Thor superslide issues.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:53 PM   #42

State: Texas
THOR #1532
I'm not having any of the troubles you guys are talking about occurring after your retrofit, and after my retrofit. My slide does not work its way out on the road. The new plates are staying in place. The rollers are not tearing my floor. I think I know what your issue is though. At first, the dealership was doing all my work, and they seemed to be making matters worse every time they touched it. The last time Thor did the work, and it seems to be fixed permanently. The guy who did my work said the dealerships do not seem to be doing the work in the correct manner, such as aligning the slide, proper installation of rollers, etc.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:02 AM   #43

State: Florida
THOR #3454
full wall slide

Miramar 34.3 2016 with the tree rails on the slide and its still a pce of garbage. Mine gets stuck in the front and then binds. It takes several attempts to close It has been to dealer several times now. Thor rep came by and is having the dealer replace both complete assembles. don't know if the new one is any different. hope it fixes the issue. I have had it with the slide issue.
Old 10-15-2016, 05:45 PM   #44

Model: Super c 33 sw 2015
THOR #5211
Slide issues still here!! 2015 Thor super c 33sw. Fixed slide 3 X before 6/16/16 trip. Broke 6/18. Lived in it till 9/6-12 when Thor factory " fixed" it again. Now broke this am 10/15 ( still on original trip) & driving from Va 700+ mi back to Elkhart. I don't think it will ever be fixed & Lippert is a joke. Had > 24 2014-2016 rigs waiting for issues in parking lot when we checked in sept & more full in bays. Can't even find a class a lawsuit in Elkhart cause FR & Thor employ the community. What a joke
Old 10-15-2016, 05:48 PM   #45

THOR #5211
Know your pain. Thor doesn't care one way or another. They claimed all other repair work we had done in last 2 yrs wasn't done but they paid the bills so that seems odd,,,, It's not bout customer service..... You can't even purchase a Thor unit within 150 of Elkhart
Old 10-15-2016, 05:50 PM   #46

THOR #5211
Well. Thor " fixed" our slide issue 9/12. We are driving back to the factory today 10/15 as its broke again. Hope yours stays fixed. We are from tx & 1200 mi+ is not something we can afford to do every month
Old 10-16-2016, 04:14 AM   #47

Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Thor worthless warranty

I have to ask, why are you returning it to them again, when they were unable to repair it properly the first time? Why are YOU driving it there? Are they paying your expenses?

I read all the time about THOR returning rigs to Indiana, as sort of a PR opportunity, combined with the fact that most of their dealers are either inept, or unwilling to make repairs, or both. The success rate on Indiana repairs seems to be around 50%.

My success rate at THOR authorized repair facilities is ZERO. I don't blame the repair facilities for shoddy THOR construction. I also understand they have to "negotiate" with THOR endlessly for warranty repair authorization, and approvals. Now they want me to return it, under warranty, at MY expense, to Indiana, because the local dealer has given up on fixing the slide. And the slide is only the beginning of the problems.

Run as fast, and as far as you can from THOR. They don't care about their customers, or their reputation. Their "warranty" isnt worth the paper its written on!
Old 10-16-2016, 10:26 AM   #48

THOR #5211
I completely agree but as with most Rv owners we've come across or have known for several years no one can afford to trade them
Back in as dealers will only give you 1/2 of its worth or less & you can't just keep making payments on an unused sitting in a garage rig nor would I ever sell this to another person & allow them these hassles. Whether you have financed or paid cash it's still a major blow that most customers cannot afford to make. At least by going back to the factory we don't have to wait for authorization nor have to fight for our " home base"
Repair shop to get paid.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:49 PM   #49

THOR #1532
If you get a lawyer involved, they will fly someone down to Texas. I know this first hand.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:59 PM   #50

THOR #5211
There is actually another Thor owner 35' super C from buffalo here with us at factory along with 20+ other broken down new rvs & he's talking bout initiating a class action lawsuit. We think there will be others willing to join. They did already fly down to Lonestar Rv in Harker heights tx near ft hood Thor rep Dennis( rep for central US) that found upon inspecting slide in 6/2016 that Thor had installed plates backwards. He in turn told us & Thor that it was a Thor factory defect & Angie Cs/Thor said they would cover $1755 bill. Brian E overruled Angie but had email with her agreement to pay but only on 10/14/16 did Brian agree to cover the bill. It's Monday 10/17/17 & supposedly the ck is in the mail. We have been " assured" by tech manager Bill today that he will have his " eyes" on our rig once they can get to it. Where were his eyes one month ago??
Old 10-17-2016, 04:01 PM   #51

THOR #1532
Would the lawsuit be for a refund of purchase price, or just for repairs? Thing is, it seems mine is working since the repairs they did a while back on ours. It seems to drag in some spots, but it hasn't failed on us.

As much as I like the floorplan, the chassis, and the engine, I would not mind starting over if given the opportunity.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:08 PM   #52

THOR #5211
Either way. Problem with everyone we've met & we've been gone since June no one is happy. It's that " hold your breath when making reservations & only those now that will issue a refund & not forfeit the entire deposit & another breath after you pack to see if slide goes on or out or if it makes it out of storage. Now they are shipping broken parts to our hometown Rv repair shop & he has 15+ rigs,, all Thor broken & they can't get payment for authorizations Thor already agreed upon. Don't know if I'd want another one as they are coming off factory floor w serious issues as we witnessed in factory tour in sept! Sick sick sick !
Old 10-17-2016, 08:27 PM   #53

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
Would the lawsuit be for a refund of purchase price, or just for repairs? Thing is, it seems mine is working since the repairs they did a while back on ours. It seems to drag in some spots, but it hasn't failed on us.

As much as I like the floorplan, the chassis, and the engine, I would not mind starting over if given the opportunity.
If starting over, what would you do differently? What could you do differently? It's not like buyers have much of a choice when it comes to slides.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:30 PM   #54

THOR #1532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
If starting over, what would you do differently? What could you do differently? It's not like buyers have much of a choice when it comes to slides.
The Class A's I have seen do not have these Schwintek slides, but instead have hydraulic slides. A very good friend just bought a used Class A for a fraction of what I paid for this Super C.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #55

THOR #5211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
. We just spoke at length with Brandin in C/S.. Had Windows originally replaced thru him with dual pane & now still opening & new brackets to be installed while we are here. Discussed at length issues, frustration, anger experienced by several Thor owners & inability to take the hit & move on. He acknowledged that we & others have had several issues as well as Thor should take care of the issues but really,,, how much clout does he have?? As well as getting a new one,,, they have not changed much between 2015-2017 models that we saw in factory & I don't think I would trust another Rv from them or anyone. Even a tent can be taken back to Walmart/dicks/ gander mountain for a trade in. Sorry that so many people are used to CS that took care of its own & "
Did the right thing"
So not sure of what the direction to take is
Old 10-17-2016, 08:41 PM   #56

THOR #5211
Quote:
The Class A's I have seen do not have these Schwintek slides, but instead have hydraulic slides. A very good friend just bought a used Class A for a fraction of what I paid for this Super C.
Chances are the bigger slides with class A are hydraulic but the smaller slides 75% of the time are Lippert in a multi slide unit. Issue work 33sw & 55 model is whole slide units with too much weight on slide. Lippert makes your jacks & slides & are within 30 min of Elkhart factory. We looked for used super c & class A but in oct 2014 gas was lower & rigs with great prices 1 owner & low mileage were snapped up immediantly. Should have stayed with our 2006 forest River forester w no slides bells or whistles
Old 10-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #57

THOR #1532
That is how we ended up with this one. We could not find anything like it for any price. Even the Class A's we looked at back then were more money, but now we are seeing them for far less. We tow 7,000 lbs behind us on 80% of our trips, some of these through the Rockies, so a gas unit was not in the cards for us.

I noticed the closest floorplan they have now has the fridge on the other side, no longer in the full wall slide.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:54 PM   #58

THOR #5211
Quote:
That is how we ended up with this one. We could not find anything like it for any price. Even the Class A's we looked at back then were more money, but now we are seeing them for far less. We tow 7,000 lbs behind us on 80% of our trips, some of these through the Rockies, so a gas unit was not in the cards for us.

I noticed the closest floorplan they have now has the fridge on the other side, no longer in the full wall slide.
That plan was just next to us. 35', bath & 1/2. Their slide actually hasn't broke 2015 mar purchase however glass broken/cabinet doors falling off, no ice maker, fridge door hitting 1/2 bath door w damage to stainless fridge door ,w/d in pantry next to stove falling out, tanks blowing up, door/frame slides X into bedroom falling off, Windows opening ( did not get updated Windows we have). Window treatments like ours falling down, couch assembled backwards . Been to factory 3 X already . AC unit over bed just flooded bedroom in Charlotte w rain etc,,, not any better off than us
Old 10-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #59

THOR #1532
On mine, window treatments falling off (they are held on by one screw with no wallboard (molly) bolts, drawers continually breaking (again one bolt is all that holds the slides on), relays falling out of sockets under bed, window over couch opens itself (it's crap and really doesn't need to be an opener since door covers it), drawer under dining table doesn't lock anymore, mud flaps falling into tires and getting eaten to nothing, striker knob breaking off of stove (really not Thor's fault it's made out of garbage), windshield leaked, back window leaked... shall I go on?

Of course this is on top of the slide issues that kept it in the shop for 172 days of the first 11 months of ownership.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:10 AM   #60

THOR #5211
Quote:
On mine, window treatments falling off (they are held on by one screw with no wallboard (molly) bolts, drawers continually breaking (again one bolt is all that holds the slides on), relays falling out of sockets under bed, window over couch opens itself (it's crap and really doesn't need to be an opener since door covers it), drawer under dining table doesn't lock anymore, mud flaps falling into tires and getting eaten to nothing, striker knob breaking off of stove (really not Thor's fault it's made out of garbage), windshield leaked, back window leaked... shall I go on?

Of course this is on top of the slide issues that kept it in the shop for 172 days of the first 11 months of ownership.
. Feeling your pain & frustration. We spoke w a Brandon in CS today. He seems to care & hopefully understands our anxiety, frustration & anger regarding our rig as well as friends on the road & forum compadres. He claims he will try to see that our slide is really liked at & not just glanced at & sent home. We are asking for extended Thor coverage on the slide issues as extended warranty dies not cover "
Diagnostics " which is 90% of the slide repair at $100-150/ hour. We have refused to have Brian emmons at Thor Cs to have any dealings with us due to underhand handling & refusal to pay our claims for last 4 months. We have pretty much replaced /repaired everything but microwave, stove & AC so possibly rig is more sound then when originally bought. I think Brandon would be interested in your issues & I would contact him. We asked bout a new unit & sounds like it's seldom done & I don't feel it would be an upgrade as the new ones are having similar issues. Ill keep you posted on our results.