Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-26-2016, 10:25 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #1532
Hey all,

I thought my slide messed up again today, but it was due to me having one of the bedroom drawers out on the floor and it was binding it. Anyway, problem averted, but while I was at it I lubricated the rails, something I've put off for far too long. Oh boy, it made a huge difference on mine! I should have done this long ago!

Someone recommended this to me, so this is what I used. I'm very happy with it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P1E7ZS

While I was at it, I also lubricated the seals. This stuff is expensive, but if it saves my seals it's worth it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NJ6EZ8
I found it at a store somewhere for around $10. I don't remember where, it could have been at an RV store, or a campground.

Old 01-18-2017, 07:16 PM   #62

State: Maine
THOR #6300
Indiana

We bought a leftover 2013 four winds 33sw last February. First trip in it the slide out started making noise and digging into the floor. A bunch of molding broke. We brought it to our dealer in April- they added another track in the middle. That did not help- started tearing the floor in new places. We took it back to the dealer in November and got the call at Christmas they were taking it back to the factory (in Indiana) to work in it. 2000 miles on the thing- no loaners to be had. We're just waiting around for it to come back so we can get the heck out of Maine! (It's cold!!!) we love the thing but this has been hard!
Old 01-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #63

THOR #1532
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsand222 View Post
We bought a leftover 2013 four winds 33sw last February. First trip in it the slide out started making noise and digging into the floor. A bunch of molding broke. We brought it to our dealer in April- they added another track in the middle. That did not help- started tearing the floor in new places. We took it back to the dealer in November and got the call at Christmas they were taking it back to the factory (in Indiana) to work in it. 2000 miles on the thing- no loaners to be had. We're just waiting around for it to come back so we can get the heck out of Maine! (It's cold!!!) we love the thing but this has been hard!
If you make it to the Dallas area, drop me a note and I'll give you a full 3Trax upgrade system. Just adding a third track is not all that is required, are you sure they did not do the full upgrade? The upgrade comes with new motors and gear rods, along with some other odds and ends.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #64

THOR #6300
Positive they just added a track. That's what's happening now in Indiana - full 3trax upgrade and new floor. I hope that's the end of it.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:35 PM   #65

THOR #1532
Quote:
Positive they just added a track. That's what's happening now in Indiana - full 3trax upgrade and new floor. I hope that's the end of it.
I'll save you a bunch of going back to read, but mine was in the dealership 3 times for the same problem. Each time it got worse. When Thor did the repairs, they showed me where the dealership had done things wrong, even though I still needed the 3Trax system. Once Thor did the work, it was fine. Also see my lubrication notes above.

The offer still stands, if any of you are in the Dallas area and want to come pick up this kit, it's yours for free. It might save you in spares in the future. It's a very large box, we can't get it in the RV, you'll need to tie it to the top of a toad, in a trailer, or in a truck. It's not heavy, just very large.

Full disclosure, we traded ours in for a Class A a few months ago. I still know a lot about these after owning one for 3 years, but we do not have it any longer.

I think I still have a Schwintek controller for the slide too, somewhere, but I may have forgotten and left it in the RV at trade-in time.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:02 PM   #66

THOR #6300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
I'll save you a bunch of going back to read, but mine was in the dealership 3 times for the same problem. Each time it got worse. When Thor did the repairs, they showed me where the dealership had done things wrong, even though I still needed the 3Trax system. Once Thor did the work, it was fine. Also see my lubrication notes above.

The offer still stands, if any of you are in the Dallas area and want to come pick up this kit, it's yours for free. It might save you in spares in the future. It's a very large box, we can't get it in the RV, you'll need to tie it to the top of a toad, in a trailer, or in a truck. It's not heavy, just very large.

Full disclosure, we traded ours in for a Class A a few months ago. I still know a lot about these after owning one for 3 years, but we do not have it any longer.

I think I still have a Schwintek controller for the slide too, somewhere, but I may have forgotten and left it in the RV at trade-in time.

What did you trade for? That's an awesome offer!! Texas is on my list. Trading has crossed our mind more than once.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:05 PM   #67

THOR #1532
Quote:
What did you trade for? That's an awesome offer!! Texas is on my list. Trading has crossed our mind more than once.
We are going to be full-time in a few months. A 2005 Safari Gazelle 40' DP (Monaco) fell into our lap and we had to have it, and it was even trade.

Once we had the issues resolved on the 33SW we really liked it, but with two of us and two border collies, we would be jammed in and uncomfortable for 6 or so months full-time. This one has far more interior space for two adults, but less for kids. My daughter started at University of Texas this year, so she's rarely with us anymore.

This one has somewhere in the neighborhood of $20k of upgrades the previous owner did during their ownership. They were also full-timers. We got a really good deal getting to even trade.

Old 01-18-2017, 08:06 PM   #68

THOR #6300
I love it!!!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #69

THOR #1532
Quote:
I love it!!!
Even with the big 400hp Cat and 1150 ft lbs, the 33SW would easily outrun it. This weighs right at double what the 33SW was. But we needed the space, washer/dryer, and all the other conveniences you have in a normal home. It's nicer going down the road, but maneuvering it is not near as easy as the Thor.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #70

State: Virginia
THOR #3395
rollers on 33sw full wall slie

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamcamper View Post
The most critical aspect of the slide is making sure the floor rollers are in contact with the slide floor. If not, too much weight is on the schwintek slide and it will likely fail. Please inspect the floor rollers to make sure they are in contact with the bottom of the slide floor. It will save you much aggravation.
Streamcamper,

can you describe how to adjust the rollers. I have a 2014 33sw with 3 trax upgrade. Working ok now but always on the look out for problems.
Thanks,
Old 11-25-2017, 02:41 AM   #71

THOR #3395
Only one of my rollers is adjustable. Not sure why all are not the same. The rear roller is accessible with the slide extended. There's a half inch bolt that raises or lowers the roller. Clockwise raises it against the plate and counter-clockwise lowers it.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:35 PM   #72

State: California
THOR #8228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgraham View Post
I have just bought a Rushmore RF39LV and noticed it is missing five rollers. Two from each bedroom slide, and one from kitchen slide that was violently torn out. The others seem to have broken screws. I have five comming from the used RV dealer in quebec, about 700 mile round trip so I will be installing myself. Construction adhesive is my thought, as you cant screw them down with the slide installed. ANYBODY GOT ANY OTHER IDEAS?
Thanks!
Cheers
Jim
Yeah, remove the slide and do it right or it will never be correct and give you nothing but problems. My 2€ (sorry, no cents symbol on my phone. )
Old 11-30-2017, 10:56 PM   #73

THOR #3395
Robbie H, do you still have the schwintec slide parts?
Old 07-02-2018, 12:47 AM   #74

THOR #12171
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
If you make it to the Dallas area, drop me a note and I'll give you a full 3Trax upgrade system. Just adding a third track is not all that is required, are you sure they did not do the full upgrade? The upgrade comes with new motors and gear rods, along with some other odds and ends.
How can I contact you? I am tired of my slide having issues all the time!