Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-25-2015, 11:34 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.3
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2125
Important thing we learned about the Lippert slide out mechanism. Once you begin to put the slide out or bring it back in.DO NOT STOP the mechanism ALWAYS ALWAYS run it full in or full out AND hold the switch 3-5 seconds after the slide stops It's called "amping" out the mechanism. When you stop mid way the two Lippert motors can get out of balance (they must move in sync with one another) if not it puts undo strain on the motors.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:13 AM   #22
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fgianni
It's called "amping" out the mechanism.
Wow haven't heard that term before. Actually according to Lippert holding the button for an extra 3-4 seconds re-syncs or re-times the motors. See this video here:

In this case you're not really running extra current through the motors (as the term "amping out" would imply) you're just resetting the controller so it knows both motor's position.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #23

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Rushmore 39LN
State: Ontario
THOR #2795
I have just bought a Rushmore RF39LV and noticed it is missing five rollers. Two from each bedroom slide, and one from kitchen slide that was violently torn out. The others seem to have broken screws. I have five comming from the used RV dealer in quebec, about 700 mile round trip so I will be installing myself. Construction adhesive is my thought, as you cant screw them down with the slide installed. ANYBODY GOT ANY OTHER IDEAS?
Thanks!
Cheers
Jim
Old 03-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #24

State: Arizona
THOR #3767
33sw Retrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
That's good to know about not stopping. Thanks for the advice.
So did RobbieH get a retrofit to a 3 track system? If so, by whom? I think I need this.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #25

THOR #3767
33sw Retrofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
We have only been out once since the repairs, but so far it is working fine. Keep in mind though that I now have the triple rail system with 2 rails at the top instead of just one.
So did you get a retrofit?
Old 03-05-2016, 04:04 PM   #26

THOR #2125
My unit had three tracks from day one. It's imperative to move the slide outs all the in or out without STOPPING . FRANKO
Old 03-05-2016, 04:21 PM   #27

THOR #3767
Thanks Franko, I'm new to forums and think I got happy finger! I'm just trying to figure out if anyone has gotten a retrofit to a 3 track from a 2 track system and if that cured the problem
Old 03-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #28

THOR #2125
Think the only reason I have 3 tracks is the fact that my ACE 29.3 has one large slide out . Its @24 feet long.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:38 AM   #29

Model: Four Winds 33SW
State: Idaho
THOR #4147
2016 33SW with 3TRAK System

I just purchased the 2016 33SW Super C and did a bunch of research on the new 3TRAK System. My 33SW has a full wall slide and the design looks really beefy. I did not buy an earlier version due to all of the complaints. But I believe this new design is going to significantly reduce the full wall slide issues. I will keep you all posted.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:59 PM   #30

State: Texas
THOR #1532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlg View Post
So did RobbieH get a retrofit to a 3 track system? If so, by whom? I think I need this.
I did. By Thor themselves. They came to my house and retrofitted it.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #31

THOR #2125
Slide out repair

Glad Thor was able to help you out FRANKO
Old 04-29-2016, 01:12 PM   #32

THOR #1532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fgianni View Post
Glad Thor was able to help you out FRANKO
It is amazing what happens when you have a lawyer file lemon law.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:19 PM   #33

THOR #2125

Good to know . I may need to do the same unless I can resolve a shimmy problem with my ACE. I'm told a wheel alignment and wheel balance will fix this problem .
Appointment is set for May 5th Frank
Old 06-26-2016, 12:20 PM   #34

THOR #4636
2017 Miramar 34.3 w/ major slide issue

I just purchased a 2017 34.3 two weeks ago. Camped in it one week and now back a dealer with major slide issues. The slide never extended/retracted fully (never realized this when I bought it).

After bringing it back - we realized that the 2017 we bought only had the 2 track system. The dealer service manager, who has been helpful, ordered schwintek parts from Thor and is now doing arts and crafts on our new 34.3 (that was advertised to have the 3Trax system out of the box).

This leaves me with other issues.... I have read that the 3Trax slide system also has a roller update. Does anyone know this to be true, and how do I get underneath to make sure? And what about the motor? I now have to ensure the motors are the correct 1/500 torque motor.

Ughhhhhh. Contemplating jus getting out of this due to a consumer rights conflict as the RV never had the right specs (not the lemon law).
Old 06-26-2016, 09:27 PM   #35

THOR #1532
I don't know if the rollers were really different or not. I can tell you when Thor sends the replacement kit, it comes with everything, not just a few odds and ends. It is one big kit box.

The motors are the same, the gearing is different. They are attached to the rods, so as far as I know they have to change them to give you the fears to push/pull 3 tracks.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:02 PM   #36

Model: Windsport34F
State: California
THOR #3382
Thor 3 trak

I have this system on my 2015 Windsport. In my opinion it's nothing but a marketing ploy to make it seem like they have somehow made the horribly unreliable Leipert slide system better. It's the same old junk, with an extra TRAK added for nothing more than visual candy. It's just as unreliable.

My opinion of THOR QA is that it is an oxymoron. I actually have no reason to believe one evan exists. How could a Miramar make it out the door without the correct slide system? Don't ask, it's possibly the least of the worst that happens.
Old 06-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #37

THOR #1532
I haven't had any trouble since the change to the 3Trax system.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:46 PM   #38

THOR #4878
Slide Issue

Thanks for the heads up on running the slide all the way in or out. I was doing that as a regular practice anyway. But it did not seem to help in the beginning. The slide still came in crooked and ripped a big hole in the vinyl flooring. Then it ripped another big hole later. So I had the flooring replaced and got another hole in the floor. The system has been retrofitted so it's supposed to be fixed however there are some aluminum plates that were installed for the rollers to roll on and the screws are coming out of the plates. In addition, the refrigerator now rocks back and forth when you operate the slide and causes damage to the cabinets that the fridge sits in. I think the fridge cabinet will have to be rebuilt. The pantry thing never did work correctly. I think they should have had a door there with some wire baskets that you put out instead of an entire shelf system that goes in and out. It will come open at every left turn. Seems like they weren't thinking this design through as well as they could have.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:07 PM   #39

Model: Four winds 35SF Super C
State: North Carolina
THOR #4425
EXACTLY...and they will tell you if you ask the question directly when you do you walk through..oh no problem..do what you need to..WRONG answer...always extend or retract in one motion with a 1000 1 10000 2 count at least!! LOL
Old 07-23-2016, 12:02 AM   #40

THOR #1707
Thumbs down Slide Issues

I have had all the same issues. I finally cured my problem though. I traded the damn thing off!!! I will NEVER have another Thor product even if it was given to me!!! This lesson cost me a lot of money!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghpenn64 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on running the slide all the way in or out. I was doing that as a regular practice anyway. But it did not seem to help in the beginning. The slide still came in crooked and ripped a big hole in the vinyl flooring. Then it ripped another big hole later. So I had the flooring replaced and got another hole in the floor. The system has been retrofitted so it's supposed to be fixed however there are some aluminum plates that were installed for the rollers to roll on and the screws are coming out of the plates. In addition, the refrigerator now rocks back and forth when you operate the slide and causes damage to the cabinets that the fridge sits in. I think the fridge cabinet will have to be rebuilt. The pantry thing never did work correctly. I think they should have had a door there with some wire baskets that you put out instead of an entire shelf system that goes in and out. It will come open at every left turn. Seems like they weren't thinking this design through as well as they could have.