Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2020, 07:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Virginia
THOR #18070
Class C Outlaw J model Garage

Can a dressed Harley Davidson fit in the garage in an angle?

Old 03-25-2020, 12:58 AM   #2

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
I carry a ultra limited in my 29h.
I have a wheel choke mounted against the inner door sill and the antennas tickle the ramp when closed.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:17 AM   #3

THOR #18070
Thanks for the response. Can you send me a picture where you have your front wheel choke?
Old 03-25-2020, 08:43 AM   #4

Model: Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #9030
Hi Jammer, I carry a Honda Goldwing Trike in my 29H. The bike is 10 feet long and I have to put the front wheel through the door to the living area to fit. I made a little ramp that sits on the door jamb and stops the front wheel at the correct place. Works like a charm to fit a 10 foot long bike into a 9 foot garage. I also made some ramp extenders to reduce the ramp angle so the bike would not drag at the top of the ramp. I have been using this setup for about 3 years and have put about 13K miles on the rig with no problems so far.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:59 AM   #5

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
as requested:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheeldock.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	23048  
Old 03-25-2020, 12:31 PM   #6

THOR #18070
I like that one where brand is that wheel choke
Old 03-25-2020, 12:34 PM   #7

THOR #18070
Thanks oldtymer. That sounds like a great idea. Love to see your pictures of your ramp extender and your front door jam so I can get some ideas
Old 03-25-2020, 05:28 PM   #8
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I co8uld be wrong...

But I think that the "J"'s garage is shorter than the "H"'s. Check the specs carefully.
Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:30 PM   #9

THOR #18070
This guy on this YouTube video says it can go in at an angle

Old 03-25-2020, 07:22 PM   #10

Model: Thor Fun Mover
State: Florida
THOR #3112
We have a Class C Fun Mover. We carry 2 motorcycles side by side. We have a HD, Ducati, and 2 Hondas. My husband does not use the permanent chks. We have a 3 rail tie down system in the floor. Works great, never had a problem. We can walk down the center of the garage no problem.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:47 AM   #11

THOR #9030
Jammer, I placed a picture of my rig with the Goldwing loaded in the Photo section. The photo shows my home made ramp extensions. I do not have a picture of the front wheel ramp for the inside door but will try and get you one.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:53 AM   #12

THOR #9030
Jammer,my first attempt at posting picture

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-26-2020, 11:16 AM   #13

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
You want to do your homework as Bob said above....

Not only is the Outlaw 29J garage one foot shorter than the 29H at 8' they dropped the weight capacity in the garage from 1500lbs to 1000lbs.

I purchased a 29H to carry my Spyder a couple years ago. The 2018 29H was the last year that the Spyder would just fit.

I also learned that the 1500lb weight rating in the garage was bogus.... and I think that is why the shortened the garage and lowered the weight rating after the 2018 model.

While the garage could physically hold 1500lbs, it puts the GVWR well over its legal rating. The GVWR rating is a bit of a joke to begin with as it is. With a full load a fuel, propane and water and some gear you are just about at the max GVWR.

My Spyder weighed 1000lbs and once I loaded it in the garage I was 1000lbs overweight.

I installed Sumo Springs and Hellwig Sway Bars and it greatly improved the handling and ride quality both empty and full. However the stock tires were at the max and I was concerned of a blowout given they were overloaded with the Spyder and about at their max with just the weight of the coach.

I was about to install Goodyear Commerical Rated 16" tires that would have given me over an additional 2000lbs of carrying capacity but we traded in the 29H for a Super C.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:39 PM   #14

THOR #3112
As I said in a previous post, we have a Class C Fun Mover. We have a roll up door with an integrated pull out ramp. We have always been mindful of the weight we carry throughout our RV.

We distribute our weight from front to back, side to side.....When we first purchased the RV, my husband and I removed the entire floor to the frame in the garage. He then reinforced the entire frame work, added better insulation, waterproofed the new plywood, installed new rubber flooring, sealed all edging, and installed a raised threshold at the door opening to prevent water intrusion. Having your garage door (no matter what kind) is your first defense against water getting in.

This was hard work. You would be surprised to find out what your struff is sitting on.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #15

THOR #3112
oops. I meant having your garage door sealed is your first defense.....
Old 04-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #16

Model: Outlaw 29J
THOR #12972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
You want to do your homework as Bob said above....

Not only is the Outlaw 29J garage one foot shorter than the 29H at 8' they dropped the weight capacity in the garage from 1500lbs to 1000lbs.

I purchased a 29H to carry my Spyder a couple years ago. The 2018 29H was the last year that the Spyder would just fit.

I also learned that the 1500lb weight rating in the garage was bogus.... and I think that is why the shortened the garage and lowered the weight rating after the 2018 model.

While the garage could physically hold 1500lbs, it puts the GVWR well over its legal rating. The GVWR rating is a bit of a joke to begin with as it is. With a full load a fuel, propane and water and some gear you are just about at the max GVWR.

My Spyder weighed 1000lbs and once I loaded it in the garage I was 1000lbs overweight.

I installed Sumo Springs and Hellwig Sway Bars and it greatly improved the handling and ride quality both empty and full. However the stock tires were at the max and I was concerned of a blowout given they were overloaded with the Spyder and about at their max with just the weight of the coach.

I was about to install Goodyear Commerical Rated 16" tires that would have given me over an additional 2000lbs of carrying capacity but we traded in the 29H for a Super C.

I have a 29J and I carry two bikes, both Softails. One is a Deluxe and the other is a Breakout.
Both fit with little room to spare. My Deluxe is the longer of the two and I have it set up more like a bagger with rear trunk etc. I do have to turn my front wheel to make it fit. As far as weight capacity the message above is wrong. I had seen that in their brochure that it was 1000LBS capacity but the tag in the unit was 1500 LBS. Before I bought it I checked with Thor directly (I also had it put in writing) that the literature was printed incorrectly and it is actually 1500 LBs. You will also need a ramp extender ( I have a different design then the one pictured) because you will bottom out otherwise. Do you know what your bikes exact length is? I can then tell you by your measurement if it will fit.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:15 AM   #17

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmachnig View Post
I have a 29J and I carry two bikes, both Softails. One is a Deluxe and the other is a Breakout.
Both fit with little room to spare. My Deluxe is the longer of the two and I have it set up more like a bagger with rear trunk etc. I do have to turn my front wheel to make it fit. As far as weight capacity the message above is wrong. I had seen that in their brochure that it was 1000LBS capacity but the tag in the unit was 1500 LBS. Before I bought it I checked with Thor directly (I also had it put in writing) that the literature was printed incorrectly and it is actually 1500 LBs. You will also need a ramp extender ( I have a different design then the one pictured) because you will bottom out otherwise. Do you know what your bikes exact length is? I can then tell you by your measurement if it will fit.
Have you weighed you coach with both bikes in the garage and typical gear you carry?

If not, I will bet you are ~1000lbs over the max GVRW rating and at the limits of the tires.
Old 04-02-2020, 11:46 AM   #18

Model: Outlaw 29J
THOR #12972
That is the difference from the H and J