Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2016, 08:02 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 38SQ
State: North Carolina
THOR #799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenb2560 View Post
Thanks Joe, I'm in the Port Charlotte area. I just checked with Charlotte RV and they do Class A motorhome alignments at their facility. It costs 150.00
I have contacted TMC by email to ask them if in fact it was not aligned at the factory ( which I'm sure it wasn't) and if they would be willing to cover the cost of having it done now to prevent premature tire wear and handling issues.
We'll see what their response will be?
If they don't offer to cover it, I will still have it done. It's better to head off a problem for 150.00 then to replace tires early or deal with handling problems.

Steven B.
Thor won't pay but your chassis manufacturer may

Old 12-13-2016, 02:48 AM   #22

Model: ACE EVO 30.3
State: Florida
THOR #6059
Update on alignment rranty

Just took our new ACE 30.3 in today for its alignment check. Upon recommendation of this group and Thor, I decided to pay the money for the service in hopes of preventing premature tire wear and handling issues.
I am fortunate in having an independent RV service company in my town that has the facilities and equipment to do alignments, wheel balancing and chassis work on large MH's. They were very thorough in their assessment and made sure the vehicle was aligned correctly. Although the vehicle was not severely out of whack they did make some adjustments.
I feel confident now that I can add the safety steer system while preventing unnecessary tire wear and improved handling in the future.
While speaking with the service manager today he informed me that they would be more than happy to perform any warranty work or future modifications that I may want even though I didn't buy the coach from them! They had big signs everywhere that stated they will honor most warranties both factory and extended.
Very pleased with Charlotte RV!
Old 12-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #23

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Thanks Steven for update, that's good information on Charlotte RV. My extended warranty will let me use about anyone as long as I have prior approval. Depending on where they are up there it would probably only be a 20 or 25 minute trip for me since we are in the NE tip of the Cape.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote