Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-10-2020, 03:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 34J
State: California
THOR #19488
cover.

hi all.

gotta 2017 hurricane 34j. anyone recommend a quality cover please?

Old 07-10-2020, 04:11 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
We had the Adco Ultimate for our Outlaw, and really liked it,
It was lighter and more flexible; than the ones from Camco
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 04:14 PM   #3

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
High quality was 700 or 900 bucks for me(maybe that was just material... It's been a while), plus a winch to get it on the roof and a dance I hope to never have to do again, 11 feet off the ground. A tap dance around vents and wires and antenna and solar and ac units all while wrestling a 120lbs+ bathtub size ball of hateful fighting ever shifting ever draping ever changing shape ever trying to prove gravity Levi type material...having a 15ft long, 1 or 10 feet wide tail catching on everything from pin heads to your shoe.

A cover requires a lot of thought, three guys, a winch. And an hour on and an hour off, then storing something the size of your washing machine somewhere.

It's a process.

For a cheap one subtract two guys and half the folded size and half the wadded size. It's the same dance.
And
All the dirt you're keeping off the rv is on the cover. Every time you on or off, You'll be covered(slathered actually because of the sweat you'll work up) in all the bird crap and dust and pollution you hope to keep off of the rv.

They aren't for the fraught by fraught, fat, frail or feeble folk.

But:
Google custom cover and ask for one made of sunbrella.
We still have the 12 year old black tire cover. Still unfaded. Still almost as new.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:24 PM   #4

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
I have had great success with Classic Accessories covers on my Roadreks and my current 2018 Compass. I purchased them on line through the company. Another brand in Canada is Hugger Covers Inc and they make custom covers for Class B and C motorhomes, not sure about class A but they do make them custom to fit your specific model. I friend of mine has one and he is very satisfied with his but they are pricey
Coveman2
Old 07-10-2020, 05:44 PM   #5

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
I'd recommend 4-6 long poles, some wood, shingles & gravel, if that's not doable then a good wax job & park it.
If you live where there's lots of wind, dust or moisture the cover itself can do more damage than left uncovered, not to mention replacing the cover every couple years.
Plus I'm too old & out of shape, mostly round, to be wrestling one of those heavy awkward things that high up anymore, one wrong step & the parties over.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote