Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2016, 01:07 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #5526
General info needed on 2016 Thor Axis

I just bought the Thor Axis 24.1 and had a few general questions that I can't find in the manuals. If there are any 24.1 owners out there maybe they might be able to answer.

The 4 bright lights in the living area are turned on by putting on the battery power then pressing the lights on button. It's at the bottom of the entry way. Is there another switch to turn the lights off/on in the living area? Otherwise I have to open the door walk out and turn the light switch off the walk back in.

Should I use a Thor dealer to service it. (Check fluid levels, battery water, transmission fluid, change oil, etc) or go to a Ford Dealer to have that done.

There is a device installed under the hood right in front top left when facing the Axis that's hooked up to battery power that says 100 amps/waterproof with a red button on it. What's that.

Thanks.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:15 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
First of all, if you haven't done so, go to this thread and download Ed's manual for Vegas/Axis units:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html

On our unit the interior light switch is mounted near the counter top (there are two sets of switches on ours a higher level one and a lower level one). The higher switches are for the interior lights and the exterior light, the lower set is the store/use switch and the awning in/out. If your interior lights are on the lower set they are wired wrong...

For general maintenance you can use whomever you wish. A Ford dealer will change the engine oil but won't touch the generator (at least the Ford dealer I spoke with). Onan/Cummins told me they would do both (e.g. the generator people). Call around and get the best price.

That device is a 100 amp breaker. If you see a yellow "flag" or arm sticking out the breaker tripped. You push the arm back in until it clicks to reset it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:25 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
A little more on the 100 amp breaker, it is wired between the cranking battery and the Trombetta isolation relay on ours. When the B.I.R.D. picks up the Trombetta on ours that ties the alternator output to the house batteries.
Wrangler JK dinghy
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote