Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2019, 04:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.6
State: North Carolina
THOR #16478
Cushion under bed in Axis 25.6

Happy Saturday to all,
We picked up our new Axis 25.6 a couple of weeks ago. The bed flips up when the slide is in, and under the bed is a cushion that seems to make no sense to me. I'm thinking of having a cabinet maker frame that area so I can use it for bedding storage. He'd keep the area for the bed support feet so that woldn't be a problem.

But then I wondered if I'm supposed to be able to access something under that cushion if there's a problem.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance,
Grace
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV bed under-cushion.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	19976  

Old 08-31-2019, 11:08 PM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Replacing the cushion with a cabinet? That's a new idea. Hey, it's your coach, make it what you want and can afford!

That cushion was added after our 2016 Vegas was built. We have just a hard surface there. The sales point of the cushion was a soft place to sit and watch TV or get dressed, with the bed folded but not retracted.

If you do this, please come back with photos!
Old 09-25-2020, 11:13 PM   #3

Model: AXIS 25.3
State: California
THOR #20631
We are picking up our 2018 25.3 in a couple of weeks and I had the exact same question. I don't see us raising the bed except for driving and with the slide in the pad is useless. Seems like a good place for something flat like a camp table that would not fit in a bin. Bedding storage sounds good too. I was going to make a 1x4 frame just to keep things from sliding around. Does anyone see any issues?
Wandering Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:55 PM   #4

Model: Axis 25.6
State: North Carolina
THOR #16478
useless cushion under the bed

I am still planning to have someone box this area in with 1x4s. But it's perfect to store my rug (an antique one so it is thin and folds flat), and low plastic tub - one of the big ones that slides under a bed) is now there and holds all the extra linens. There's still room for more.

Grace