Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2022, 06:21 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #20110
Unhappy De-winterizing water pump

Hi all,
We have a 2018 Thor Windsport 35M. We had it winterized at the dealer last fall, had the water heater serviced, replaced the pump, etc.

Have reset water heater bypass valves. Flushing (trying to) the faucets with clean water using the pump. We have 2 bathrooms & 3 sinks-kitchen, mid coach bath, master bath.

The problem: Mid coach sink works, hot & cold. Fore and aft sinks ran a weak flow, sputtered, then stopped running. Pump starts, then stops. Toilets flush normally and pump runs normally. So, 2 of the sinks don't run water, although they did a little at first. Have not hooked to shore power yet.

Trying to do a shake down 150 mile each way round trip this weekend for a family matter.

Am open to any suggestions before I call in the cavalry.

Old 06-08-2022, 06:54 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot in AZ View Post
Hi all,
We have a 2018 Thor Windsport 35M. We had it winterized at the dealer last fall, had the water heater serviced, replaced the pump, etc.

Have reset water heater bypass valves. Flushing (trying to) the faucets with clean water using the pump. We have 2 bathrooms & 3 sinks-kitchen, mid coach bath, master bath.

The problem: Mid coach sink works, hot & cold. Fore and aft sinks ran a weak flow, sputtered, then stopped running. Pump starts, then stops. Toilets flush normally and pump runs normally. So, 2 of the sinks don't run water, although they did a little at first. Have not hooked to shore power yet.

Trying to do a shake down 150 mile each way round trip this weekend for a family matter.

Am open to any suggestions before I call in the cavalry.
Sounds like you have the two waterlines to the sinks crimped somewhere.

Let me us my coach as an example; outside sink, water heater shower and kitchen sink are on the right and outside shower,, bath sink and toilet are on the left side. In the basement compartment, below the shower, are two water lines that go across the coach. They go across the coach under the floor in a trough in the top of the grey water tank to the compartment below the bathroom and then up through the floor and into a chase which runs from the bedroom to the false wall by the sink. When the floor guys are installing the 44 gallon gray water tank, they often do not get the PEX to stay in the trough and crimp it against the floor bottom. Thor Plant 750 does not test the water systems at the factory, as all coaches are shipped winterized. It is on the dealer's acceptance checklist to put water on the coach and test all the water and drain systems.
I know this does not help you but may indicate where you need to look.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 07:22 PM   #3

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Agree
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2022, 11:05 PM   #4

State: Arizona
THOR #20110
Thanks for taking time to reply.
My bad for not going to the obvious first. There was just a cascade of small issues happening and we had had work done on the water heater and pump before putting it into storage.

Got to love the first RV trip of the year after months in storage.
Turns out it was the faucet aerators. Until late 2021, we were living in Arizona-very hard water. One was plugged completely, even on shore water source. I mean nothing, nada coming out even with both faucets open wide. Another was partially plugged.

So, we're on the road to recovery except for my pride.

Happy camping all.