Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: Michigan
THOR #1850
In Depth Review - Mirimar 34.2 First Trip

I hope this review will help others good or bad. I am giving you my experiences and symptoms of issues as well as the good things. Please share your experiences with your units as well!

Well a couple of weeks ago, my wife and I took our first trip in our 2015 Mirimar 34.2. As expected there were a couple of issues, but overall we are very happy with it so far. This will be a long post as I tried to test as many components on the Mirimar as I could. I do not live in a dream world and I fully expected issues, especially with a new unit. So here is the good and bad...

The BAD:
The biggest issue was the leak. We had water coming into the coach. It was right above the passanger chair between the overhead bed and wall. The interesting part is that we had a hard rain the night before and nothing leaked until I hit the brakes or accelerated. Found out the bolts to the front part of the awning were installed so tight the bolts broke, and the cable coming into the coach was not sealed where it entered the side of the coach. That created a space large enough for water to come in.

The leaking issue has been fixed at the dealership and we will be testing it out next month!

Other issues were very minimal. We have condensation on one of the headlights, the bathroom door would not stay shut while moving, the back of the dinette seat was loose, and the latch to the outdoor kitchen had stripped bolts and the latch was filling with water.

The GOOD:
Driving the Mirimar was very easy! I had no issues passing, and I was towing a small enclosed trailer. It was a little louder than I expected it to be, but it was actually a good thing. I made our 8 week old baby girl fall asleep for the 3 hour trip. Also, moving the Mirimar into place with the trailer was like driving my truck and small trailer. It was so much nicer and quicker than what I am used to. (I am used to a truck and a 34' TT)

The set up and take down were also much easier and quicker than the TT. I was set up and having beers with friends within 30 minutes. It would have been even faster had I not had to do it twice. Normally it was over 1hr with the TT if things went smooth. Same thing for when we were ready to leave. We were the second people out of the gate after the races, and I was in the second to last race of the day.

Once we were set up, I was surprised at how roomy it actually was and moving around the coach with my wife and baby didn't leave us feeling like we needed more space. My wife made very good use of the DVD player and watching her TV series on multiple TVs at once.

We were camping at a race track with no power/water/sewer connections of any sort. The generator worked perfectly and ran for almost 3 full days. The nights were pretty cool requiring the heater and the day hot enough to run the AC. All the equipment worked perfectly.

When leaving, we visited the dump station. The dump station worked good and all the plumbing seemed to be in order. No leaks, crossed plumbing or issues. And I love the black tank flush!

The track had showers, but I made sure to test out the one in the Mirimar to check for leaks or issues of any sort. Nothing found! The hot water heater really heated up quickly off gas/electric.

The leveling system on the Mirimar was nice to have and easy to use. One tip- make sure you take your trailer off the hitch before leveling. Otherwise you will be retracting and re-leveling. I know its common sense, but I failed to do it... Guess I just got to mess with the leveling system one more time.

The outdoor kitchen/bbq area was also very nice to have this weekend. I have been told the grills run off low pressure and will be blown out with a light breeze. It was actually fairly windy and we had no issues. The supplied grill actually did a very good job.

Overall we are very happy with the purchase. I will continue the updates as I use the coach and discover anything good or bad.