Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2021, 12:23 AM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Ours is completely empty, winterized and locked sitting in the backyard drive. Fenced yard in semi rural area. The yard is under surveillance by several methods... not the least is a very curious "critter gutter". I pity the fool...
I got my RV back from Dealer Tuesday, it had sat for 5 weeks. I did see some black streaks running from the roof line. I washed the full RV today and 90% of the black streaks came off. Of course I washed the roof first. I used the 3 n 1 Detail Ceramic spray to easily clean & remove what was left. Tomorrow, I will use the balance of the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray on the roof, there were no leaf stains But I think I will go back to Meguiars #83 and #56 waxes for my roof.

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 01:37 AM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Unless that bus thing that they had on the Partridge Family was an RV; I don't think I saw my first RV until college? I was fascinated how they would come up on campus 3 or 4 days before a football game. I use to think all RV owners were millionaires that never had to work and had plenty of money to just travel all the time. That RV in the museum looks almost as old as the Model T.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😁
Old 11-27-2021, 02:56 AM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
I just did a virtual visit to minimize my gas expenditures, but you are right, and I stand corrected

This is a Thor RV and I can assure you it is well before my time and I didn't know such a thing existed.

I bet the Duck has one of these stashed away someplace in Arizona
Should sit a Jed Clampett wax figure in the driver's seat...
Old 11-27-2021, 01:52 PM   #24

THOR #13058
Quote:
Should sit a Jed Clampett wax figure in the driver's seat...

LOLOL, do you mean Jethro. I wonder did the Ford owner's manual back then say anything about leaded gasoline doing damage to the engine? I bet knocking was considered a good thing because it meant the engine was running
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 11-27-2021, 08:43 PM   #25

THOR #16721
Quote:
I got my RV back from Dealer Tuesday, it had sat for 5 weeks. I did see some black streaks running from the roof line. I washed the full RV today and 90% of the black streaks came off. Of course I washed the roof first. I used the 3 n 1 Detail Ceramic spray to easily clean & remove what was left. Tomorrow, I will use the balance of the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray on the roof, there were no leaf stains But I think I will go back to Meguiars #83 and #56 waxes for my roof.
First project in April is remove the cover and finish waxing with the Meguiar's. I only did the "restored" side earlier. That's some good stuff! Still 4+ months and counting...
Old 11-27-2021, 09:12 PM   #26

THOR #13058
Quote:
First project in April is remove the cover and finish waxing with the Meguiar's. I only did the "restored" side earlier. That's some good stuff! Still 4+ months and counting...
and my fault.... So out of respect for the OP, not to mention to show the Moderators we are Thankful for what they do and that we do try to behave , I am posting a link with some pictures I took today to one of your threads discussing the proper treatment of fiberglass on an RV.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=32
Old 11-27-2021, 10:33 PM   #27

Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: California
THOR #3559
We keep our RV locked, including storage compartments and it's "stored" here at home. Locks keep honest people honest and it's not worth the risk. We worked hard for everything we have and we won't make it easy for thieves, they will have to work hard to steal from us and they had better hope they aren't caught in the act.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:17 AM   #28

THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer3 View Post
We keep our RV locked, including storage compartments and it's "stored" here at home. Locks keep honest people honest and it's not worth the risk. We worked hard for everything we have and we won't make it easy for thieves, they will have to work hard to steal from us and they had better hope they aren't caught in the act.
I even carry an extra "personal injury" insurance rider in case a curious individual starts exploring our back yard.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:33 PM   #29

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Mine is back by the barn, locked. Monitored by motion sensitive cameras. With a sign at the driveway entrance that says” This property is monitored by a Mossberg 88”. Do you feel lucky!”.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:40 PM   #30

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
Quote:
Can I ask how they know it was 5 days before being caught? Not doubting you but I doubt very seriously thieves would go to the same place to break and enter 5 days in a row? Even if they they knew the place had worthless security; that is beyond bold.

Unless that place comes up with some new security system, and / or a night watchman, I would get my RV out of that location ASAP.

Where any Catalytic Converters stolen? Sound like your windows cost more to replace than a stolen Cat?

According to police, the thief appeared to be a homeless person. He did indeed return five nights in a row. All caught on surveillance cameras. The weird thing is that he only took low value items; sleeping bags, spices, towels, etc. from all of the RV’s that he hit. And, no catalytic converters we’re taken. Actually, that was my first thought when the yard owner informed me of the break-ins. But, thankfully that wasn’t the case.

Police followed up with me after about a week. They caught the guy. They weren’t filing any charges on my particular case (I guess they didn’t recover any of my items), but they were filing charges on behalf of several other RV owners. I was also advised that the same guy hit at least one other RV storage yard in the area. Sounds like he may not have been playing with a full deck.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:11 PM   #31

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #21919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Mine is back by the barn, locked. Monitored by motion sensitive cameras. With a sign at the driveway entrance that says” This property is monitored by a Mossberg 88”. Do you feel lucky!”.
Conservative lawyers advise not to post signs like that.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:09 PM   #32

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
A friend of mine has a sign: Trespassers will be shot: survivors shot again.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 11:13 PM   #33

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTig View Post
According to police, the thief appeared to be a homeless person. He did indeed return five nights in a row. All caught on surveillance cameras. The weird thing is that he only took low value items; sleeping bags, spices, towels, etc. from all of the RV’s that he hit. And, no catalytic converters we’re taken. Actually, that was my first thought when the yard owner informed me of the break-ins. But, thankfully that wasn’t the case.

Police followed up with me after about a week. They caught the guy. They weren’t filing any charges on my particular case (I guess they didn’t recover any of my items), but they were filing charges on behalf of several other RV owners. I was also advised that the same guy hit at least one other RV storage yard in the area. Sounds like he may not have been playing with a full deck.

Thanks for following up, from sample of items stolen sounds like was just getting what he need to survive. Some people will reason that what they are stealing the owner can afford. What to do with the homeless is a chronic problem from incarceration, making them work for their state, leaving them be, find jobs for them, to providing a place for them to stay. Leaving them be is not the answer though.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:26 PM   #34

THOR #16721
Quote:
Thanks for following up, from sample of items stolen sounds like was just getting what he need to survive. Some people will reason that what they are stealing the owner can afford. What to do with the homeless is a chronic problem from incarceration, making them work for their state, leaving them be, find jobs for them, to providing a place for them to stay. Leaving them be is not the answer though.
WARNING:
A lot of it is mental illness... which sadly includes many veterans. There used to be public mental hospitals that "dealt" with that. Up until the 1970s, they were mostly just glorified prisons with very little treatment. That started improving, but, at least in Ohio, those facilities have all closed due to "diverted funding". Now insurance is required to be a patient. See a pattern?

And we wonder why there's a "homeless problem".
Old 12-03-2021, 11:59 PM   #35

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:
Snip

I bet the Duck has one of these stashed away someplace in Arizona
Duck may even have one of these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rv.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	35083
Old 12-04-2021, 12:30 AM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
A friend of mine has a sign: Trespassers will be shot: survivors shot again.
I have a sign also; "The locks are for YOUR protection: not mine!"
Old 12-04-2021, 12:33 AM   #37

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I have a sign also; "The locks are for YOUR protection: not mine!"
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 04:32 AM   #38

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcr1010 View Post
Duck may even have one of these.

Attachment 35083

Yes the Damn Duck probably does, when you look at that aero design; it may explain why he cares not what gas cost

This thread may perplex The Duck because the concept his RV being locked in storage may contradict his practice of having his RV fully loaded, stocked and ready to go.
Old 12-04-2021, 11:01 AM   #39

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
The phrase is “ I feared for my life”.