Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2020, 02:25 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #12602
Replace Dinette

I have a 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 24F considering changes for comfort beginning with removing the dinette and replacing it with hopefully either 2 reclining seats of a loveseat. Then of course is the table replacement, preferably something that can be virtually invisible when not in use for either eating or computing.

Any an all ideas appreciated, photos included really appreciated.

Old 10-12-2020, 12:01 PM   #2

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
I looked into this a few years ago for my 2017 24F. There is too much going on under the dinette benches to make it possible in my coach. Hot water heater is under the front bench as well as the safety track. The rear bench has all of the plumbing, 120v and 12 volt wiring coming up through the slot in the slide floor not to mention the safety track. If you have an outside shower it is housed under there as well.

I’m working on turning the dinette from booth style to U style. My initial thoughts are to remove the table from the wall, add a platform between the two benches under the window for additional seating. I’ll repurpose the table top and put it on a removable pedestal. Table top will be 32 x 29 inches and can fit between the two benches so I can still turn the dinette into a bed for the grandkids.

My thoughts are this. We hate the dinette as is. So if we redo it as above we can break down the table when not in use and “lounge” on the benches.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:31 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arizona
THOR #12602
Thumbs up Replace Dinette

Thanks for your input. I believe most of the problems mentioned are applicable to my 2018, but your circular idea has given me something else to consider. I believe your idea would be more beneficial in some ways, including not losing the super long drawer under the forward bench.
Back to the drawing board and pondering...

Tags
dinette conversion