Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2021, 07:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #17954
Engine bay fuse box

On my 2015 Thor ACE 30.1 the box is located upper drivers side inside engine bay. There is a plastic tab in the middle on the upper and lower cover. They pull outward yet cover doesn’t swing open. What’s the proper way to open this metal panel. I have battery disconnected.

Thanks
Luke

Old 12-21-2021, 07:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Go to 2:15 in this video:

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:10 PM   #3

THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post

Thanks but my fuse box is completely different in engine bay , it’s a big square metal box. I got cover off now need connection diagram for all the harnesses that connect. Many fuses behind harnesses.
[ATTACH]35309
Step fuse bad. Trying to troubleshoot why
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1011.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	35309  
Old 12-21-2021, 09:13 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke D View Post
Thanks but my fuse box is completely different in engine bay , it’s a big square metal box. I got cover off now need connection diagram for all the harnesses that connect. Many fuses behind harnesses.
[ATTACH]35309
That's not a fuse box, that's a controller of some sort.

EDIT: That's your Battery Control Center. Circuit board P/N FW221

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:52 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
[ATTACH]35309
I don't know about your coach specifically, but in mine, also made in plant 750, the chassis battery power power for the front cap is routed down by the drivers left foot to a fuse and relay panel. The fuse and inhibit relay for the entry step are in that circuit board. I think the Ford power center contains only fuses for the Ford installed equipment and not for the Thor MC installed equipment. Of course the dash's power ports are powered through the under hood Ford power center. Your Ford owners manual has a diagram of all the Ford fuses and relays and their uses. If you don't have the owners manual, they are available on line, just be sure you look for the year of your F-53 stripped chassis and not the year of your house.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:16 PM   #6

THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
That's not a fuse box, that's a controller of some sort.

EDIT: That's your Battery Control Center. Circuit board P/N FW221

Accounting Thor that’s what is used on a 2015 ACE 30.1. The cover has all the fuse box locations and labels what does what. Fuse 23 was the step motor fuse. It was blown. Motor runs now. Checking into why it failed. Fuses for power ports, dash, fogs, and everything not under dash there. All ignition and starter fuses there. Only box in engine bay. Yes controlled there too.
Changed design in 2016

Thanks
Old 12-21-2021, 11:29 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Accounting Thor that’s what is used on a 2015 ACE 30.1. The cover has all the fuse box locations and labels what does what. Fuse 23 was the step motor fuse. It was blown. Motor runs now. Checking into why it failed. Fuses for power ports, dash, fogs, and everything not under dash there. All ignition and starter fuses there. Only box in engine bay. Yes controlled there too.
Changed design in 2016

Thanks
Yep it looks about as the same inside the coach on the 2016 models. Fuses fail due to over current. The step stops moving at its limits because the motor stalls out and the high current causes the step's module senses the high current draw and shut off the current. This locks the step into one of its two locked positions. The motor is a simple Ford electric window motor. If any moisture gets inside, it will fail. Amy moisture in the weather proof connector can cause the fuse to blow. My motor has jammed twice but the fuse never blew.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:18 AM   #8

THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Yep it looks about as the same inside the coach on the 2016 models. Fuses fail due to over current. The step stops moving at its limits because the motor stalls out and the high current causes the step's module senses the high current draw and shut off the current. This locks the step into one of its two locked positions. The motor is a simple Ford electric window motor. If any moisture gets inside, it will fail. Amy moisture in the weather proof connector can cause the fuse to blow. My motor has jammed twice but the fuse never blew.

Thanks for the help. My motor runs fine just no power going to it. At least I now know where To go. Going to trace lines for shorts. Fuse in it works. Have a great holiday.

Luke