Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2016, 10:40 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
tire pressure

Any advice on what psi I should run on my 2016 Mirimar 34.2 tires are 22.5
It was delivered at 80 psi all around. Thank you.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
My recommendation is to load the coach with all your goodies and then have it weighted. Once weighted you can set the tire pressure to the recommended inflation based on weight.

Absent the weight, there should be a sticker on the wall by the drivers seat which gives you the recommended pressure for a fully loaded coach. On my Challenger that is 90 PSI front and rear for the fully loaded axle weights. I am running Michelin 22.5 tires on my coach.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 10:55 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
thank you, that is what it says on the sticker... Appreciate the advice of experience..
Old 03-03-2016, 12:25 AM   #4

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
tire pressure

What is the easiest way to inflate your tires at home?
Old 03-03-2016, 12:43 AM   #5
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.vines@att.net View Post
What is the easiest way to inflate your tires at home?
I have a small pancake compressor that I use. It also goes in a storage compartment when traveling
Old 03-03-2016, 06:03 AM   #6

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
From a previous thread!

Also, another nugget of knowledge about the tires on the Miramar and most other larger RV's. We have Michelin 235/R80/22.5. The side wall shows a max inflation of 110 PSI. The placard Thor has placed in the vehicle tells you to run them at 90 PSI.

It appears that 90 PSI is what you want to run them at if you are loaded at the max weight. I found this chart on the Michelin web site that is much more accurate. Instead of running the tires at 90 PSI, I will now run them around 77 PSI based on my weight! I've found this chart and the accompanying info very useful! I hope others may benefit from it!!

Load & Inflation Tables | Michelin Truck
Old 03-03-2016, 11:35 AM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Help.

I have been reading about getting the RV weighed to determine correct tire pressure. A newbie question, where do you get it weighed and HOW? I have seen reference to per tire and per axle.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:32 PM   #8
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Help.

I have been reading about getting the RV weighed to determine correct tire pressure. A newbie question, where do you get it weighed and HOW? I have seen reference to per tire and per axle.

Doc
Doc

Four corner weight would be the best option if you can find a location that does it. Escapees RV club has a program called Smart Weigh and during their larger rallies they will bring in the portable scales and do the 4 corner weighing. There is a charge for the service. They also have the scales setup at some of their campgrounds as well which I believe they have a setup in Florida and another in Texas.

Another option is weighting by Axle and that can be done at any CAT scale location. Most Pilot Flying J locations have these on site.

The four corner allows you to set tire pressures based on the weight of the corner so you could have 4 different tire pressure settings. Per Axle will allow you to determine the correct tire pressures for front and rear.

Here is the link for CAT Scale's how to weigh

How To Weigh | CAT Scale

Here is the link to Escapees Smart Weight

https://www.escapees.com/knowledge/smartweigh

The one PITA of Smart Weight, but worth the effort in the long run, is when you weight with them they have you record the DOT numbers and dates of all tires on their form. Although it is a PITA to get those numbers since most are facing inside rather than out it is good to know the estimated life of the tires based on date of manufacture.

Hope this helps.
FMCA - F432054
Old 03-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Per axle you can go to a CAT scale. They are truck scales all over the country.

There is one near me that I've used to weigh just about every vehicle I've owned (which reminds me I wanted to get the C-Max weighed).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #10

THOR #2142
Gentlemen,

Thanks, looks like another item for the "to do" list.

Doc

Old 03-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #11
Site Team

THOR #1469
Doc

One point I forgot to mention, which applies to either method, is to have the coach loaded with goodies, water and full tanks of fuel and LPG, Also the passengers and driver should be seated inside during the process. With the 4 corner weight where the passengers are sitting can make a difference from front to rear or side to side (depending on the location of seating areas). Just one of those little nit noid points.
FMCA - F432054
Old 03-03-2016, 02:28 PM   #12

THOR #2142
Thanks, I think I'll go with bags of rocks (DW wants white rocks around the pool this spring) to "guesstimate" the dogs position while traveling (95lb black lab, 70lb mixed lab) be sleeping.

Doc