Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2016, 09:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: Florida
THOR #4067
Long first trip 2016 hurricane 35c

Well we made it to ft bragg and only a few issues so far. Evidentally the the bundle of cables under the hood on the drivers side came loose and it sounded like the steering colum was coming loose. The connectors were banging. Had to borrow some cable ties
I can only hope that was the issue. Will find out to.orrow when we head to ft belvoir. Another i teresting issue is the high end radio would not turn on and it was hung up with the reverse camera on. 4 hours later after a stop when i started the generator it corrected itself. Will write more by end of day saturday.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:49 AM   #2

THOR #4067
Well the front end noise is still with me. Sounds more like a suspension problem. The POS radio. It turns on when it wants and the rear camera is on and there is no way to turn it off unless you turn off the house battery. Whoch os har to do on the middle of the interstate. That is one thing that will be replased after the warranty radio with nav. Other than that the coach drives good.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:51 AM   #3

THOR #4067
Need to run fat finger check spelling is , well not up to par.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #4

State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Keep in mind the dash radio is wired to the house batteries so it can be used as a head unit for the entertainment center, so it does have some strange behavior at times. Pressing the mode button when turned on should cycle through all of the modes (radio, DVD, camera, etc.) so if it won't do that it should be replaced.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:06 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
THOR #1469
DJnash,

If you look at my post on the Challenger's warranty visit you will see an entry on my radio loosing power while running down the road. After loosing power sometimes it would power back up by itself and other times it wouldn't. After taking the coach for a 10 mile test drive with test meters connected the technician determined the radio was bad and it was replaced under warranty. I did not have any problems on the 80 mile trip back home and the true test will be my 500 mile round trip this coming weekend.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #6

Model: 2015 Hurricane 31S
State: Virginia
THOR #2130
WE have a Hurricane 31S and well I find the radio speakers at least to be almost worthless to hear while driving due to all the road noise. The DW and me usually talk most of the way anyway, because she's the best navigator I ever had.

We had a front noise issue too. I thought it was front shock coming loose. Turns out it was the sway bar a few turns more of the nut and it would be off. We also had wire bundles keep falling down. A few zip ties will fix that. Faster than waiting for the dealer to do it.

Another post on the forum shows some add on speakers on the dog house underneath the dashboard. You may want to look at that for future enhancements.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy
Blue Ox Tow Bar and attachment Plate/SMI Brake System
Taking Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:21 AM   #7

THOR #4067
I think the radio needs replacement. When it is on you can't get it out of rear camera mode or power ot off. I am at ft.belvoir until thursday so it gives me time to check out the front end if it decides to stop raining. Happened to look under the hood and the washer tank was hanging by one bolt, will have.to fix that before i go rain or not. Will keep posting as i go. I have an appointment on the 1st for warranty work. They'll probably have it awhile after this trip.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnash View Post
I think the radio needs replacement. When it is on you can't get it out of rear camera mode or power ot off. I am at ft.belvoir until thursday so it gives me time to check out the front end if it decides to stop raining. Happened to look under the hood and the washer tank was hanging by one bolt, will have.to fix that before i go rain or not. Will keep posting as i go. I have an appointment on the 1st for warranty work. They'll probably have it awhile after this trip.
FYSA - just south of Belvoir on I95, in the town of Thorburg, sits Safford RV. They have a decent service department if you need one.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:18 PM   #9

Model: 2015 Hurricane 31S
State: Virginia
THOR #2130
Reines RV-2 locations
Manassas VA 703-785-4642 just off i-66 and Rte 234
Ashland VA 804-752-6300

Restless Wheels
8104 Centerville Rd
Manassas VA 703-257-1067

here is some in MD closer to you.
Queenstown RV and Marine - College Park, MD 888-474-4900
Chesaco RV, Inc. - Joppa, MD 911 Pulaski Hwy, Joppa MD 410-679-000

And further south is Safford, I've heard good thing about them too
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy
Blue Ox Tow Bar and attachment Plate/SMI Brake System
Taking Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #10

THOR #4067
Thanks Great info. Got the washer tank bolted back. Surprise the sun came out long enough to do it. While under there I tried to inspect all the bolta and could find none loose, which doesn't mean there isn't any. Again thanks for the posts.