Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2016, 02:24 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Hurricane 31S
State: Virginia
THOR #2130
Extended Warranty ?

We have a 2015 Thor Hurricane 31S. We are coming the end of our one year manufacturers warranty in about 7 weeks. I did a search on extended warranties, but did not see anything that directly pertains to them.
Our local dealer has a couple plans, but I would like toes what the community thinks to purchase one anyway.
So here goes any ideas or thoughts to purchase an extended warranty?

2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy
Blue Ox Tow Bar and attachment Plate/SMI Brake System
Taking Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:27 AM   #2

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
This is my third RV and with the purchase in January I purchased a 6 year one. I can get the repairs done from anyone not just Camping World.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:54 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Rob,

See who the dealer offered plan is through and whether or not it can be purchased independent of the dealer. The dealer marks up the cost of the plans so the finance folks get a commission.

If you like your dealer's service department then buying from the dealer may reduce the deductible if you take the coach to the selling dealer for service.

USA Travel Care and Easy Care are a couple of extended warranties not related to Camping World and are honored nationwide.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:39 AM   #4

State: California
THOR #4086
My dealer offered USA travel care, which seemed like a great deal when I read about it. But I will wait until my one year manufacturer's warranty is up. USA travel care covers everything, including wear and tear with no deductible.

I, too, will be shopping around when the time comes.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:54 AM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina-sacto View Post
My dealer offered USA travel care, which seemed like a great deal when I read about it. But I will wait until my one year manufacturer's warranty is up. USA travel care covers everything, including wear and tear with no deductible.

I, too, will be shopping around when the time comes.
USA Travel Care offers a zero deductible option but you will pay through the nose for it. Also, some wear and tear items are not covered even with their Platinum (highest level) plan.

They are good, but not as good as you make them sound.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:08 AM   #6

Model: Palazzo
State: Florida
THOR #2248
I suggest you talk to Jeff Sheton at Wholesale Warrenties while you are shopping! I have purchased several from him over the years and been very satisfied. Until recently he was a broker, but has started offering a plan backed by his company as well as some other ones. He will answer your questions and help you understand the plans with no obligation to buy. I have several friends who have talked to him and learned a lot. Some bought some did not!
Good luck!

PS I see his adds on this website frequently, but if you cann't get his contact info let me know and I will send his cell phone number!
Old 05-22-2016, 01:42 PM   #7

Model: 2015 Hurricane 31S
State: Virginia
THOR #2130
Extended Warranty

Everyone thank you for the info. I did some research and did end up with USA Travel Care. I got a small discount, but did not find an independent method to purchase. I expect some of the wear and tear items to not be covered anyway.

Dave as you say the deductible is less at the selling dealer $50 vice a $100 any where else. I can live with that.

We finally get our unit back tomorrow

Small problems yet seemingly insurmountable; two small leaks, coach a/c switch replacement, state inspection, r&R a outside fridge grill and incorrect gray water pipe parts were shipped 3x. I went in person on Friday about noon to see whats going on;what is so difficult about plumbing parts! Seems they let the service advisor go; I'd guess lousy performance; because some things in my case at least were said to be done, and not.

By 430 the service manager called me and said they would have all the work completed on the coach by Saturday PM and I could pick it up Monday. Luckily, we did not need it, but next week we have a short trip.

I can only hope everything is correct before I sign for it; again.
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy
Blue Ox Tow Bar and attachment Plate/SMI Brake System
Taking Flight is offline   Reply With Quote