Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2019, 10:13 PM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKamper View Post
I see where the new 2020 Thor Palazzo has an external LP connection that is factory installed. I have a 2019 Thor Palazzo and cannot seem to find a factory installed external LP quick connection. Does anyone know if the 2019's came with this or not. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Thor added them on the 2020 Palazzo and Aria. Not avail on 2019.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:24 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
But I bet that it would be an easy item to install on the prior year's RV...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:18 AM   #23
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
But I bet that it would be an easy item to install on the prior year's RV...
Depends on where they installed the LP tank. If it's on the passenger side it wouldn't be too difficult. If on the driver's side then it would take some line running thru storage compartments. The long runs on my 2015 Challenger were what appeared to be galvanized pipe. Not sure what they are using now.

The 2020 Aria, if I remember correctly has the LP tank on the passenger's side rear and the LP quick connect on the ceiling of that compartment. The problem was Thor didn't put an access in the bottom of the compartment to run an LP hose through so you would have to keep the storage compartment door opened for use. I was surprised when I saw a floor in the LP compartment. Non of my prior motor homes had a floor in the LP compartment and nor does the Accolade.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #24

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Depends on where they installed the LP tank. If it's on the passenger side it wouldn't be too difficult. If on the driver's side then it would take some line running thru storage compartments. The long runs on my 2015 Challenger were what appeared to be galvanized pipe. Not sure what they are using now.

The 2020 Aria, if I remember correctly has the LP tank on the passenger's side rear and the LP quick connect on the ceiling of that compartment. The problem was Thor didn't put an access in the bottom of the compartment to run an LP hose through so you would have to keep the storage compartment door opened for use. I was surprised when I saw a floor in the LP compartment. Non of my prior motor homes had a floor in the LP compartment and nor does the Accolade.

Interesting that you mentioned the floor in the LP compartment. Our 2019 Aria 4000 doesn't have one but the framework would easily support one. We've considered this to keep the tank clean-something it is not, right now because it picks up road grime continually.
Thanks,
GVP
Old 12-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
They might not have put a floor in there for safety purposes...
If something really ugly happened: it's better to let it go: than to bottle it all into one confined area.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #26

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:

Or just use a long hose when you want to use the grill.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:22 PM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Or if you need to put an access port in the floor of a compartment: that's an easy fix, and there are lots of different doors available for that purpose.
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1575386775
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Electrical Bay 01.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	21709   Click image for larger version

Name:	Electrical Bay 02.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	21710  

Old 03-13-2020, 05:16 PM   #28

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Wisconsin
THOR #18347
Weber Q grill mod

Quote:
The LP quick connects are already pressure regulated. If the item you want to use has a regulator for connecting to portable tanks or bottles that regulator will have to be removed with necessary mods made to connect to the quick connect. I made the mod to a Weber Q2000. Parts were not expensive on Amazon and it took about 30 minutes to do.
Dave, do you have any pictures you could post, or a parts list needed to make the mod to a Weber Q grill? I have a Q 1200 and would like to modify it to attach to my RV exterior LP connection.
Thanks in advance, Mark...
Old 03-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #29
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikeo22 View Post
Dave, do you have any pictures you could post, or a parts list needed to make the mod to a Weber Q grill? I have a Q 1200 and would like to modify it to attach to my RV exterior LP connection.
Thanks in advance, Mark...
Here is the thread I started on the conversion. I have a list of parts and links to the parts on Amazon on post 22.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...-lpg-4875.html

If you have any questions feel free to ask of shot me a PM.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:20 PM   #30

State: Florida
THOR #17929
Great thread, I have the quick connect but I an not sure where the ball valve is located. I bought my unit used and it seems I don't have all the manuals. Anybody have any suggestions?? I have a Windsport 29M. Also, I think the guy at Camping World mentioned above has moved to General RV in Tampa
Old 03-24-2020, 12:10 AM   #31

Model: A.C.E 27.2
State: Louisiana
THOR #17883
Eventually I will hook run a line on my 207 ACE to the passenger side so that I don't have to pack a portable propane tank.