Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2017, 06:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Favor Turns Out Great

Agreed to drive a rental truck full of household furnishings from central Illinois to SW Florida for a friend. We were up here in MH visiting family anyway and my friend needed the help for a solo driver. I figured it would be a miserable 1400 mile run in a big piece of junk. Boy was I wrong.

Picked it up from Penske earlier this week. 39' long International diesel truck with just over 400 miles on it. They just had it delivered, brand new 2017! Just drove it about 30 miles so far ( to her place for loading then to my CG). It drives like a dream, has a lot of options, and may make me wish I would have looked at a Super Class C instead of my gasser MH.

Start the run tomorrow and can't wait!!!

Old 06-01-2017, 07:31 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Couldn't believe how much different this 39' International truck drove compared to my Thor. Box was 26' long and 12'7" high so I guess even though it was same length as my Thor it is comparing apples and oranges. Wind hardly effected it and passing semi trucks or being passed was the same as cars. What a dream to drive. Hoping after more mods I can get closer to a feel like this on my Thor.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote