Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2020, 07:39 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation 24ST
State: Wisconsin
THOR #7565
Finally made a change.

We did it, our Vegas 25.2 went to a good home and we're sure they will enjoy it as much as we did. We now have a Citation 24ST and we love it! Good deal, 2018 and only 2000 miles! This is what we wanted. Our RV travels and preferences have changed and we're sure this unit will meet our needs. The change is good and rejuvenating

Old 07-18-2020, 08:52 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations, now you have to update your profile pic.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:02 PM   #3

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Congratulations
Old 07-18-2020, 09:19 PM   #4

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #11607
Congratulations! Enjoy this stage of life!
TripleGGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 10:46 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to see that you found a good home for your old rig, and are ready to make some new great memories!
Old 07-19-2020, 12:24 PM   #6

THOR #7565
Thank you. I did change the pic, don't know why it still shows the old one.mmm
Old 07-19-2020, 01:59 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micky/John View Post
Thank you. I did change the pic, don't know why it still shows the old one.mmm
You had changed your Profile pic but not your Avatar. I fixed it for you.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:55 PM   #8

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: North Carolina
THOR #19382
Congratulation! She is a beauty!
Camping- Where Friends & Marshmallows Get Toasted At The Same Time.
2017 Thor Four Winds - wherever the road takes us!
KrisCatNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:04 PM   #9

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
The ST floorplan is my favorite, just like the Vegas/Axis 24.1
And now you don’t have to use the slide to sleep.
You will love it!
Old 07-20-2020, 05:10 PM   #10

THOR #7565
Smile

Yes, that was one thing we wanted to change from the other one. Not putting out the slide or removing bikes from rack to sleep.
Old 07-20-2020, 05:27 PM   #11

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
How's the smaller windshield and the restricted (comparatively) seat to coach access balancing with having handy front doors?
Which handles/accelerates/drives better?

We bought the 24.1 so we didn't have to mess with a slide(and the bathroom expanding like it does) .
I hadn't thought of the ridiculousness of that rear slide messing with hitch stuff.
We only thought of a raw bed hanging out in the air when the weather is extreme.

Wow.
That hitch Thang would have sucked for a quick nap or in bad weather.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:33 PM   #12

THOR #7565
The visibility is just fine really and do not feel we're losing that much, it sits up pretty high. The seating is much more comfortable in the cab and quiet. We haven't taken a long trip yet, that's next week, but we're sure it will be what we expected. We had test drove several MB sprinter chassis before and the handling and acceleration is so much better. Movement between cab and coach is fine, not a problem. We do lose storage and shower size in the bathroom but with everything there is compromise and we can deal with that with what we are gaining. We needed less bedroom space and wanted more living space and with the side slide theater seating we get that. We may give up inside storage but get a lot more outside storage. We will really like being able to stop for a rest or just overnight somewhere without removing bikes and putting out slide. Oh yes, handy front doors is really nice!
Old 07-26-2020, 01:32 AM   #13

Model: 2015 Citation 24SR
State: Mississippi
THOR #8834
Nice Motorhome

Nice. I have a 2015 Citation 24SR. I have a rear slide & I really love it. I can let the rear slide out with my toad attached. Nice. The Mercedes Benz is a work horse. We did a trip to the Grand Canyon from Mississippi & the only problem we had was we lost a hub cap in New Mexico. That was my fault because I didn't secure it properly. Should had put nylon ties on the hub caps. Two things, If you have certain engine/transmission problems the Sprinter could go into Limp Home Mode (LHM). On your dashboard there will be a countdown; You have 16-0 restarts left before going into Limp Home Mode.
What is LHM? When it goes into Limp Home Mode the motorhome will only operate only in 2nd gear & reverse.
This actually occurred with me. I was in Starkville, Ms. & a fuse blew in the fuse box under the seat. On the dashboard a message appeared You have 16 restarts before limp mode. Solution. When I travel I always make a list of MB Dealers on my route.
So, I headed home & took it to the dealer. I had 2 restarts left sitting at the dealer service door entrance. Very stressful.

Another Tip. On the driver & passenger door there are two hidden compartments. Look at the very bottom on the inside of the door panel & there are 2 twist knobs. Turn both of them & lift out the panel revealing storage. I found them after 5 1/2 years of ownership. Get place for a pistol....
Another tip: Learned this the hard way. In Flagstaff, AZ I turned the vehicle engine on to warm the motorhome & I couldn't retract the 2 slides until I cut the engine off.

One observation, The 2019 & later Sprinter has This adaptive cruise control from Mercedes-Benz which uses a radar sensor at the front of the vehicle to help maintain a pre-set distance from the car ahead of you.

The Distronic system will do more than reduce throttle opening and downshift the transmission to control your vehicle speed.
Practical use: Use this feature to pace the vehicle in front of you. If it speeds up you do too, If it slows down you do too. Nice.
Old 07-26-2020, 03:33 PM   #14

State: New York
THOR #12610
How did you sell your 25.2 ? Advertise here or trader? Could you get book? I know that is personal, but I wonder if they are anywhere near right.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:25 PM   #15

THOR #7565
Hi, we didn't advertise. In fact we were not sure when we would sell it because the one we wanted hadn't become available. We had asked our dealer a year ago to be on the look out for a low mileage slightly used unit. It just all fell together all at once. A few weeks before our dealer contacted us a neighbor stopped by and said if we want to sell our MH please let them know first. So after we heard from the dealer we called the neighbor on the chance they were serious. They were very serious! So things moved fast forward from there. I think we were all surprised that things just fell together like they did. I don't know what blue book is on the Vegas, but selling it outright I'm sure we got about 10,000 more than dealer would have given us on a trade in.