Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2019, 12:35 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Wisconsin
THOR #14754
First long trip

Hello fellow Thor owners ! Let me start off by saying we love our 23H ! So we took our first long trip from Wisconsin to Texas ! The Ford E-350 was excellent! The camper however had a few problems ! The wall next to the refrigerator popped right off because of the tiny staples they used ! Also the microwave fell right out of its hole because all of the screws were over tightened and stripped out ! Also 3 of the hinges came loose on the overhead cabinets because the screws holding the hinges on were either stripped or just to small ! And last of all the entry door will not latch since the trip ! We have to lock it to keep it closed ! I fixed everything and made it better than it was, however I’m not sure yet how to get the door to latch ! Good thing I have DYI skills ! Otherwise the RV is laid out perfect for us ! Anyone else have all these little issues? Doug

Old 09-17-2019, 01:45 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Congratulations, You have made it through initiation. Yes, we all have those little issues. What's great is, YOU fixed them. That's what we do. There are several threads on the site regarding the broken locks. Just enter "locks" in the search tab above. Your next step is...go to hardware store and purchase many screws of several sizes. Enjoy the fun of owning, repairing, modifying and camping in your rig. Welcome to "The Life".
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote