Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2017, 09:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Thor Quality, interesting reading.

http://rvdr-cdn3.appxtreme.com/wp-co...ompilation.pdf

This article states that only 3.2 % of people who work in the RV industry, actually own one.
After a pleasant experience at the repair facility in Wakarusa, I am more and more frustrated at what appears to be a disconnect between the people putting these things together and almost everyone else in the industry. My dealer, Thor service, customer support, they all seem to want these things to work. They all seem to want us to have a pleasant experience with our RV's. How can they get that attitude to filter down to the production floor

Here is my latest find. One staple along the bottom of the largest drawer in my coach. A bead of glue and attention to making sure, maybe three staples made it in. I would have never had the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0814.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	5789  

Old 07-12-2017, 09:18 PM   #2

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
Angry

I keep finding all kinds of loose wires and cables dangling everywhere. Just ready to have something catch them and rip them out. If I had a contractor do wiring like that they would have been canned within the first hour.

Just thank the heavens, Thor (and most other RV manufacturers) don't make airplanes.
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:57 PM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutchis View Post
Just thank the heavens, Thor (and most other RV manufacturers) don't make airplanes.
LMAO, now that's funny!!!
Old 07-12-2017, 11:26 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
The writer occassionally makes great and valid points, but his criticism of manufacturers, dealers, and RV owners may have been a bit too much. In his departing column it appeared to me he was forced out as editor. Must be hard to get advertisers.